Board members approve financial statementsPublished 10:53am Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Click here to subscribe and skip the survey.
The Lincoln County School Board approved financial statements at the Dec. 16 meeting.
Financial director Cheryl Shelby presented the board with several reports that showed the district was financially stable.
“Bottom line is, we’re in good financial standing,” Shelby said.
Shelby said the state now requires reports that show board members how money moves through the district.
“The new financial reports more clearly show where money comes from and where it’s going,” Shelby said.
She added that the official report for 2013 will be presented at their Jan. 6 meeting.
Superintendent Terry Brister was absent at the meeting and Assistant Superintendent Letha Presley presided over the board. In her closing statements she congratulated teachers and staff for their work this year.
“I want to thank the teachers for all their hard work,” she said. “They are doing a great job of transitioning to common core and finishing out the school year.”
In other business the board:
• Approved the request of principal Shannon Eubanks to declare an emergency regarding a major water leak coming from the wall of the library and to pay Ross Jackson for plumbing repairs.
• Accepted a list of certified and non-certified employees recommended for the 2013-14 school year.
• Removed and added to the substitute teachers list for the 2013-14 school year.
• Approved a Family Medical Leave request.
• Approved a bus driver leave time compensation.
• Accepted a request for a donation of leave.
• Accepted the student transfers and releases.
• Approved the dual enrollment class World Civilization II at Loyd Star from January 2014 to May 2014.
Board members will meet again at 5 p.m. Jan. 6 in the boardroom of Lincoln County School District, 233 East Monticello St., Brookhaven.