Projects under way at county schoolsPublished 11:05am Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Click here to subscribe and skip the survey.
“There’s quite a bit of refurbishing going on at Loyd Star,” Brister said. Architect Johnny Waycaster, AIA of Natchez is presenting the district with new drawings for the Loyd Star gym and the remodeling of the old gym at Enterprise into a new cafeteria.
“We have redone the drawings to include a lobby,” Brister said, “which is almost done now, dressing rooms and practice rooms surrounding the main gym. And, we are waiting for drawings for the Enterprise cafeteria.”
Board members also accepted four bids for 16th Section land leases, pending final approval by 16th Section Land Manager Stan Long.
“Providing they are in the range of the minimum bids required for each section,” Long said, “we should accept all the bids.”
In other business board members:
• Considered the approval of a request from Malcom Motley regarding two acres of land belonging to the Lincoln County School District, pending legal questions.
• Approved a retirement/resignation request.
• Accepted additions or removal from the Substitute Teacher List for the 2013-14 School Year.
• Approved Dr. Stacy Adcock’s request for emergency approval of a substitute bus driver and additions to the bus driver substitute list.
• Approval of family medical leave request.
• Approval of travel expenses for Letha Presley.
• Approval of an extended school year plan for the summer of 2014.
• Accepted the request for permission to enter into an agreement with Herff Jones to provide class rings at Enterprise Attendance Center for the 2014-15 school year.
• Approved a sole source software request.
• Approved the 2014-15 school calendar.
• Accepted the list of student transfer requests for the 2014-15 school year.
• Gave permission for the use of a school facility.
The next board meeting for the Lincoln County School District is scheduled for May 5 at 5 p.m.