Utility worker electrocuted
A McComb man died Tuesday afternoon while attempting to connectelectrical service to a Lincoln County home.
Emmit Taylor Jr., 46, an 11-year employee of Magnolia ElectricPower Association, was attempting to hook up service to a home onBranch Lane around 2:30 p.m. when he was electrocuted, according toDavid Campbell, a spokesman for the power company.
Taylor, a senior line man for the company, was reaching oversome electrical lines when his arm touched a live wire and over7,500 volts of electricity were sent through his body.
He was pronounced dead at the scene by Lincoln CountyCoroner-Medical Examiner Morris Henderson at 3:30 p.m. An autopsyhas been scheduled.
Cooks Funeral Home in McComb is in charge of arrangements.