Court hears 30 guilty pleas
In a crowded courtroom, more than 30 defendants lined up toplead guilty to various crimes Wednesday in Lincoln County CircuitCourt.
Wednesday was the day for defendants to have trial sets in theircases or to plead guilty with a sentencing recommendation from theDistrict Attorney’s Office. Those who plead guilty after Wednesdaywill do so “blind,” with no recommendation on sentencing.
Public Defender Lesa Baker, whose office represents many of thedefendants, said the percentage of guilty pleas was notunusual.
“We just had a lot of people in court,” Baker said. “It was abusy court day.”
In other court action, Jeremy Harris, 25, of 414 Old WessonRoad, is facing trial Jan. 28 on a murder charge in the Aug. 4shooting death of Richard Washington, 26. At the time of theincident, authorities said the two men apparently were involved ina good-natured argument that turned sour.
Those who pleaded guilty and their crimes include:
* Charlie Kintsley, 19, of 102 Railroad St. – three separateindictments totaling two burglary charges, a grand larceny chargeand two counts of conspiracy.
* Elizabeth King, 17, of 105 Railroad St. – three separateindictments totaling two burglary charges, a grand larceny chargeand two counts of conspiracy.
* Robert Earl Lyons, 31, of 258 Poplar St. – armed robbery.
* Carmela Cameron, 37, of 486 Imperial Lane, Bogue Chitto -grand larceny.
* Sam Catchings, 34, of 115 Hartman St. – burglary of a dwellingand conspiracy.
* Lekesha Redd, 24, of 1265 Field Lark Lane – burglary of adwelling and conspiracy.
* Louise Sutton, 35, of Hazlehurst – grand larceny andconspiracy.
* Robert Lee Bice, 19, of McComb – four counts of felony badcheck and three counts of misdemeanor bad check.
* Hyman Sterling, 18, of 919 Bogue Chitto Road – burglary of adwelling.
* Sanetra R. Mack, 24, of 300 Old Wesson Road – two counts offelony shoplifting and conspiracy.
* George Earl Smith, 33, of 3128 James Dr., Wesson – unlawfulmanufacture of marijuana.
* Weldon Foxworth, 21, of 2862 Nola Road – unlawful sale ofmarijuana.
* Robert Jackson, 38, of 1641 New Sight Road – unlawful sale ofcocaine.
* Dwayne C. Evans, 40, of New Orleans – attempted escape.
* Sylvester Williams, 26, of 622 North Sixth St. – burglary of adwelling.
* Shawn Donley, 40, of 742 Union Church Road – third offenseDUI.
* Raymond Byrd, 18, of Nola Road – robbery and conspiracy.
* Lonnie Brown, 17, of Roxie – robbery and conspiracy.
* Andrew Graham Jr., 19, of 306 Adams St. – burglary of anautomobile and conspiracy.
* James Searcy, 18, of 2438 Ellis Road – burglary of anautomobile and conspiracy.
* Eric Damon Howard – 25, of 5840 Ridgewood Road, Jackson -embezzlement under contract and false personation.
* Ryan Debord, 19, of 316 Industrial Park Road – grandlarceny.
* Ricky Jones, 20, of Hazlehurst – four counts of armed robberyand one count of conspiracy.
* Michael King, 25, of 102 Railroad St. – grand larceny andconspiracy.
* Bradley Thompson, 22, of 1218 Walley Lane – grand larceny andconspiracy.
* Nathan Schoonover, 23, of 2801 Loyd Star Lane – vandalism ofpublic buildings.
* Thomas Stevens Perkins, 22, of Brandon – theft of anhydrousammonia and conspiracy.
* Michael Blake Sebren, 23, of Pearl – theft of anhydrousammonia and conspiracy.
* Katy Carly Reid, 19, of 108 Monticello St. – unlawfulpossession of at least 238 dosage units of diazepam.
* Thomas Earl Allen, 36, of 2698 Old Highway 51, Wesson – thirdoffense DUI.
* Rhonda Russell, 27, of 1101 East Union St. – burglary of adwelling and four counts of uttering forgery.
* Cedric Vaughn 22, of 2137 Little Rock Road, Wesson – unlawfulpossession of cocaine with intent to distribute.
* Robert Jones 24, of 2785 Old Highway 51, Wesson – unlawfulpossession of cocaine.
* Dwayne Lee Brown, 31, of Long Beach, Calif. – unlawfulpossession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
* James E. Otis, 43, of 410 East Minnesota St. – armedrobbery.
Judge Mike Smith ordered pre-sentencing investigation ondefendants pleading guilty. Sentencing for a handful of defendantswas scheduled for Friday while it was set for Dec. 14 onothers.