Copiah candidates listed
The Copiah County Circuit Clerk office has released the officiallist of candidates who qualified for the 2003 election. Thequalifying deadline was 5 p.m. Saturday.
In unopposed Democratic races are District 4 Supervisor ManuelWelch, Chancery Clerk Steve Amos, Circuit Clerk Edna E. Stevens,Superintendent of Education Rickey Clopton, Coroner Phil Howard,County Attorney Elise B. Munn and Surveyor Ricky Larry Nelson.
Candidates for other offices are:
* Supervisor, District 1 – Democrats Earl Dixon (incumbent),James J. “Jack” Wilson, Kenneth Earl Ramsey, Herbert Copeland andThomas Greer; Republicans Mike Webb (R) and Richie Beach (R); andIndependent T.M. “Tommy” Heard Jr.
* Supervisor, District 2 – Democrat Terry Channell (incumbent);and Republicans Tony McAlpin and Tommy Howington.
* Supervisor, District 3 – Democrat Perry Hood (incumbent) andRepublican Hugh Jenkins.
* Supervisor, District 5 – Democrat Jimmy Phillips (incumbent)and Republicans Gloria Jean Patrick and A. Graham Bell.
* Sheriff – Democrats Frank Ainsworth (incumbent), Charles”Pete” Cupit Sr., Tommy Jackson, Al Farrish Sr., Harold L. JonesJr.; and Republican Danny Lee Herold.
* Tax Assessor – Democrats Todd Mooney and William C. “Bill”Harrell.
* Tax Collector – Democrats Deborah N. Quinnelly, Jimmy H.Jackson, Linda L. Caston, Neill D. Jones and April S. Holloway; andRepublican Shannon McAlpin.
* Justice Court Judge, Post 1 – Democrats Lillie V. McKenzie(incumbent) and Shirley “Bea” Sandifer and Republicans KeithMcElveen and Rita Crockett.
* Justice Court Judge, Post 2 – Democrats Johnny “Butch” Frulla,Derrell G. Granger, Greg Phillips, Vicki Bass Ramsey, Paul Carrolland Teresa Granger Ferguson; and Republicans Laura Phillips Jacksonand Pamela Pierce Stewart.
* Constable, Post 1 – Democrats Paul Stewart (incumbent), JimmyDale White and Anthony Allen.
* Constable, Post 2 – Democrats Ronnie Earls (incumbent), DanielFarrish and Tommy Rials.