Drug sweep nets 15 arrests
City and county law officers made 15 arrests during a recentovernight sweep prompted by community complaints.
Most of the arrests resulted from the alleged sale of drugs,Lincoln County Sheriff Wiley Calcote said.
The sweep came after a six-month investigation, he said. Itbegan around 10 p.m. Aug. 4 and concluded around 4 a.m. Aug. 5.
“Over the past six months, there were a few arrests here andthere that we felt needed to picked up immediately,” said sheriff’sdepartment Capt. Dustin Bairfield. “But most were picked up thatmorning by county and city officers.”
Ten men and women were subjects of the sweep; the others werearrested for alleged offenses while the sweep was occurring,Calcote said.
Those arrested in the sweep included:
* Guy Williams, 27, of 1107 Old Brook Drive, charged with saleof a controlled substance. Williams was given a $20,000 bond andreleased Aug. 7.
* Shawn Fairmon, 29, of 416 S. Washington St., charged with saleof a controlled substance and conspiracy of the same. He was placedon a $30,000 bond and released Aug. 6.
* Rodrick Hooks, 26, of 721 E. Cherokee St., charged withpossession of a controlled substance. He received a $349 bond andwas immediately released.
* Kimberly Gayten, 43, of 804 Dow St., charged with two countsof possession of a controlled substance. She received a $10,349bond and was released Aug. 6.
* Jamal Powell, 18, of 900 Williams St., charged with sale of acontrolled substance. He received a $20,000 bond and remains injail.
* Calvin Sanders, 29, of Louise Blade Trailer Park, charged withsale of a controlled substance. He received a $20,000 bond and wasreleased Aug. 7.
* Derek Martin, 20, of 57 Rose Hill Rd., charged with possessionof cocaine. He remains in jail.
* James Sanders, 20, of S. First St., charged with sale of acontrolled substance. He received a $20,000 bond and remains injail.
* Alvin Sanders, 28, of 802 Hall St., charged with sale of acontrolled substance. He received a $20,000 bond and remains injail.
* Peggy McBee, 62, of 1040 Highway 51, Bogue Chitto, chargedwith sale of a controlled substance (hydrocodone). She received a$2,000 bond and was released immediately.
The additional arrests either involved people at the homes whereother arrests were made or resulted after law enforcement agenciesreceived calls as the sweep was ongoing, he said.
Those arrests include:
* Terrell Lenoir, 22, of 1162 Ole Brook Road, charged withfailure to yield to blue lights, driving under the influence (firstoffense), resisting arrest and seven other traffic violations. Hewas placed on a $2,850 bond and immediately released.
* Nathan Smith, 38, of Cloverdale Apartments, charged withpublic drunk. He was apprehended during the arrest of CalvinSanders.
* David Lenoir Jr., 19, of 923 Williams St., on a Circuit Courtindictment.
* Tommy Boyte, 33, of 800 Hughes-Hill Lane, charged with drivingunder the influence, driving while license suspended, possession ofbeer and careless driving. He was placed on a $1,441 bond andreleased Aug. 7.
* Jason Lambert, 21, of 97 Enger Davis Road, charged with thesale of marijuana. He was given a $20,000 bond and immediatelyreleased.
Other arrests are pending, officials said.
“There are still some open cases and outstanding warrantsresulting from this investigation,” Bairfield said. “We’ll bepicking them up as we find them.”
Calcote said complaints from the public led to these arrests andurged continued support. People wishing to file a complaint maycall his office or CrimeStoppers to place an anonymous tip.