Final election results released
One incumbent Lincoln County supervisor hasbeen defeated and several other current office-holders are headedfor runoffs on Aug. 23, according to complete but unofficialresults from Tuesday’s Lincoln County Democratic and Republicanprimaries.
In the District Five Supervisor race, Dudley Nations captured theDemocratic nomination over incumbent Gary Walker and Benjie Smith.Nations will go on to face Republican primary winner Carroll BruceSmith in November.
In other local races, incumbent Superintendent of Education TerryBrister will be in a runoff against Donald Case. Brister garnered49.5 percent to lead the ticket, with Case getting 29 percent.
The Democratic runoff winner will be the next countysuperintendent.
Also headed for runoffs are
• Rita Goss and Becky Bartram in the Democratic primary for taxassessor/collector. The winner will face Republican Mike Jinks andIndependent Mavis Henderson Stewart.
• Joe Portrey and incumbent Post One Judge Court Judge Ralph Boone,with the Democratic winner facing Republican Art Likens, who wonthe Republican primary Tuesday, and Independent RaymondBoutwell.
• Carl Brown and Roger Martin for the justice court judge Post TwoDemocratic nomination. The winner will face Republican ChrisKing.
• Incumbent Post One Constable Kelly Porter and Clint Earls, withthe Democratic winner claiming the office.
• Incumbent Post Two Constable W. Lavon Boyd and Troy Floyd, withthe Democratic winner going on to face Republican Kirby Ebbers, whowon that primary Tuesday, and Independent Gary Dickerson.
• Incumbent District Two Supervisor Bobby Watts and Jimmy Diamond,with the Democratic victor winning the seat.
• Eddie Brown and Incumbent District Four Supervisor Doug Moak,with the Democratic winner claiming the office.
• Bill Boerner and Sally Doty in the Republican primary in SenateDistrict 39, with the winner going on to face W.L. Rayborn, who wonthe Democratic primary Tuesday.
Local Democrats who won their party’s nomination outright Tuesdayinclude chancery clerk candidate Roger Dale Leggett, incumbentCircuit Clerk Terry Lynn Watkins and incumbent Sheriff SteveRushing.
Local Republican candidates who won the GOP nominations outright incontested races Tuesday include circuit clerk candidate DustinBairfield.
See Thursday’s edition of The DAILY LEADER for full coverage,including update precinct-by-precinct election grids, of finalelection results.