• 64°

House fire in Brookhaven contained

1031 House Fire

DAILY LEADER / KATIE WILLIAMSON / A fire lights up the utility room in a home on Highway 550 Thursday afternoon. The Brookhaven Fire Department rushes to the scene and quickly puts out the roaring flames. Officers carry debris out of the residence.

 

Thursday around 5:30 p.m. the Brookhaven Fire Department responded to a 911 call about a house fire at 996 on Highway 550.1031 House Fire2

Shift captain Darrel Davis said the fire appears to have started in the utility room in the back of the home near the dryer and freezer.

A neighbor reported that the homeowner got out of the house unharmed before the firemen arrived on the scene. There were no injuries.

1031 House Fire3