Our goal is to serve you better in 2017
We all make resolutions this time of year. At The Daily Leader, we’re no different.
In 2017, we (all of us here at the newspaper) resolve to better serve you, our customers. And we’re printing these resolutions thousands of times for all to see.
• We will work to ensure that you receive your newspaper on time. Though we contract with individuals for delivery of the newspaper, we will work to make sure that everything that can be done on our end will be done. We know nothing is more frustrating than not receiving a product you have paid for.
• We will work to get more positive news in the newspaper. Customers sometimes complain about overly “negative” news coverage and we recognize that we need to continue to shine a light on the positive. We don’t make the news, we only report it, so we can’t do anything about the number of crime stories. If there’s crime, we will cover it. But we will work to include more “positive” news coverage alongside the “negative.”
• We will work to provide our advertisers with better customer service and more eyeballs for their ads. The newspaper is a lot of things, but to advertisers it’s a vehicle for their business to reach customers. We plan to give those advertisers more bang for their buck by putting their business in front of more potential customers.
• We will continue to make improvements to the newspaper office building. Why does this matter to you? The newspaper office anchors the corner of N. Railroad Avenue and E. Court Street. We want that corner to be the “brightest” in town and reflect the commitment we have to Brookhaven and Lincoln County.
• In general, we will strive to serve you better. But we can’t do that without some help from you. We welcome feedback from our customers — it’s the only way we can improve. If you see something you don’t like, let us know. If you have an idea for a story, let us know. If you don’t receive your newspaper on time, let us know.
Happy New Year!