Grand jury hands down indictments
Two indictments from the most recent grand jury sessions were recently served on two Lincoln County men accused of setting fire to buildings in separate, non-related cases.
Henry Cheramie, 47, of 2251 Callender Road, was served an indictment March 3 for first- and second-degree arson.
Court records allege that on July 25, 2015, Cheramie maliciously set fire to a house at 2251 Callender Road. The second indictment alleges that Cheramie set fire to a black 1999 GMC truck registered to himself and Tammy Cheramie.
Records also show that Cheramie was arrested by Lincoln County Sheriff’s deputies for disturbing the peace.
Troy Lee Moak, 22, 1646 Hunters Road, Bogue Chitto, was also served an indictment on a charge of first-degree arson.
Moak is accused of setting fire to a building that was not a dwelling.
His trial is set for June 13.
LCSO serves indictments
Other indictments served include possession of a stolen firearm and false pretense.
When the grand jury agrees the evidence is sufficient to establish the commission of a crime, it returns an indictment endorsed by the grand jury foreman with the phrase “true bill” to indicate the information presented is sufficient to justify the trial of the suspect.
The following indictments have been served:
• John T. Johns was indicted for possession of a stolen firearm.
• Adan C. Reyes was indicted for false pretense and home repair fraud.
• Derenisha S. Mobley was indicted for introducing a controlled substance into a correctional facility.
• Thad Tibbs was indicted for uttering forgery.
• Randy Hugh Smith was indicted for abusive calls to emergency services.
• Alana Collette Russell was indicted for accessory after the fact to burglary.
• Fred Anthony Mahaffey was indicted for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
• Rashad J. Smith was indicted for possession of a controlled substance in a correctional facility and possession of a cell phone in a correctional facility.
• Connie Jo Jenkins was indicted for credit card fraud.
• Lakendrick Harris was indicted for failure to support minor children.
• Austin Tanner Edmonds was indicted for grand larceny.
• Jerry Pendleton was indicted for felonious bad check.
It all started with eyeliner. Sha’Kera Brewer, 20, always paid attention when her mother, La’Shae McCall, carefully lined her eyes... read more