Coast deputy helps save man electrocuted at campsite
KILN (AP) — A man had been under a medically induced coma after being electrocuted while camping in Mississippi.
The Sun Herald reports 27-year-old Jeremy Morgan was camping at McLeod Park on Sunday when he was shocked by a light and fell on a power line. McLeod Park Manager Kevin Ladner says he was told Morgan was awake and talking Monday afternoon.
Hancock County Sheriff’s chief deputy Don Bass says deputy Aric Latschar pulled into the park to wait for a part to fix the boat he’d been patrolling the Jourdan River on. Bass says shortly after, Latschar responded and began CPR on Morgan resuscitating him six times before emergency crews stabilized and airlifted him to a New Orleans hospital.
Bass says he believes the boat broke down there for a reason.