Thank you to all local law enforcement
Tuesday was National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day, and we hope our local agencies felt appreciated — because they are.
This community has seen first-hand the reality that law officers face anytime they respond to a call. It takes more courage than most of us could muster to protect and serve. And the brave men and women in Brookhaven, Lincoln County and all of Southwest Mississippi do so day in and day out without complaint.
And they usually do it for a paycheck that pales in comparison to what they are worth.
One day is not enough to adequately thank law officers, so we encourage everyone to thank officers throughout the year, especially when they go out of their way to help you.
Those who work in law enforcement are not perfect — they are human. But the vast majority are in the job because they want to make their communities a better place.
We offer a sincere “thanks” to all law officers in the area. Your service is greatly appreciated.
The official website for L.E.A.D. recommends doing the following to show your appreciation. We hope you will join the effort.
• Send a card of support to your local police department or state agency.
• Share a story about a positive law enforcement experience on social media.
• Ask children in your community to write letters in support of law enforcement.
• Organize an event or a rally in support of your law enforcement officers.
• Advertise your support through local media outlets.