Woman dies in fire that started from food left cooking on a stove
GULFPORT (AP) — Officials say a 50-year-old Mississippi woman has died from smoke inhalation after trying to protect herself from a fire that started with food left cooking on a stove.
Chief Deputy Coroner Brian Switzer tells news outlets that firefighters found Sandra Beverly unresponsive in her back bedroom Monday after responding to a neighbor’s report of a fire.
Beverly was taken to a hospital in Gulfport and pronounced dead. Her husband was not home when the fire started.
Gulfport Fire Chief Michael Beyerstedt says it appears that the woman left something on cooking and fell asleep.
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Elvis Presley is officially running for a congressional seat in Arkansas. But don’t confuse him... read more