Brookhaven tennis dominates in Natchez play
The Brookhaven High School tennis team qualified all varsity players for the State Individual Tournament in Oxford May 7-9.
The tennis district is comprised of Brookhaven, Natchez High School, Forest Hill High and Wingfield High.
The Panthers only dropped one set during the total of 16 matches played on Wednesday in Natchez.
Those qualifying for the state tournament and their scores from the finals are:
• Girls singles — Sarah Grace Evans defeated Kya Singleton of Natchez 6-0, 6-1.
• Boys singles — Braxton Wallis defeated Larry Campbell of Natchez 6-0, 6-0.
• Mixed doubles — Gray Anding and Maddie Boyte defeated Vincent Bonds and Ke’Ari Hayes of Natchez 4-6, 7-6, 6-2.
• Girls doubles — No. 1 Lea Allen and Maggie Massengill defeated BHS No. 2 Abbigail Jones and Gracey Massengill 6-0, 7-6.
• Boys doubles — No. 1 Daniel Panzica and Will Moak defeated BHS No. 2 Hayden Waldon and Sam Allen 6-0, 6-1.
The winners and second place teams are all qualified to participate in the state tournament.
The Panther tennis team playoffs begin today at Brookhill when Brookhaven High School plays host to the Long Beach High School Bearcats.
Penn State University will hold its spring football game at 2 p.m. on April 21 but four hours before that... read more