We’re full of good news recently
The pages of The Daily Leader have been full of good news recently. From Dixie Youth All-Star action to the return of downtown Brookhaven’s Summer Concert Series, positive news was plentiful. Below is a look back at some of those good news headlines.
• The Bridge Band will play tonight for the second installment of the three-part Summer Concert Series. The event is sponsored by the Brookhaven-Lincoln County Chamber of Commerce’s Creative Economy Committee and the Tourism Council. The Bridge Band performs in front of Brookhaven Music and Sound from 7-9 p.m. The concert is free.
• Lincoln County’s 12U Majors and Ozone teams finished second in the state tournament recently.
• The Brookhaven Little Theatre will present “The Lion King Kids” today at 11 a.m. and 7:45 p.m. at The Haven. Ninety first- through seventh-graders participated in the BLT Kids camp this month. The performances are the final act of the camp.
• The Alexander High School reunion takes place this weekend, with a history lesson kicking off the event today. It’s free and begins at 10 a.m. at the Brookhaven Recreation Building on Hwy. 51 North. Registration for the rest of the weekend’s activities is $85 per participant.
• The Brookhaven library has received more than $10,000 in grants for training, equipment and records storage. The Mississippi Library Commission has awarded $10,500 in Institute of Museum and Library Services and Technology Act grants to the Lincoln-Lawrence-Franklin Regional Library. All funds will be used to improve and maintain library services.
• The City of Brookhaven was one of several cities to recently receive the Smoke Free Mississippi award, which is presented to cities that protect the quality of life of their communities by adapting their smoke free ordinance to include E-cigarettes.
A weekend visit to the Neshoba County Fairgrounds demonstrates that for the politicians and their supporters, the buildup to “Mississippi’s... read more