More Lincoln Countians added to list of party qualifiers
A few more names have been added to the list of those seeking political office in Lincoln County.
Qualifying started Jan. 2 and the deadline to enter races is March 1. Party primaries are Aug. 6 and the general election is Nov. 5.
The following is a list of those qualifying for district offices as of Feb. 4, according to the Circuit Clerk Dustin Bairfield.
• Sheriff: Republican Steve Rushing (i)
• Chancery Clerk: Republicans Quinn Jordan and Alisha McGehee.
• Circuit Clerk: Republican Dustin Bairfield (i)
• Tax Collector/Assessor: Republican Blake Pickering (i) and Wendy Mullen Smith
• County surveyor: Republican Joe W. Byrd (i)
• Coroner: Republican Clay McMorris (i)
• District 1 Supervisor: Democrat Jerry L. Wilson (i) and Republican Dwayne Gill
• District 2 Supervisor: Democrat Jonathon Powell and Republicans Jerry McGehee, Virgil Stewart and Don Smith
• District 3 Supervisor: Republican Nolan E. Williamson (i)
• District 4 Supervisor: Republicans Eddie Brown (i) and Jesse Butler
• District 5 Supervisor: Republican Doug Falvey (i)
• Justice Court Judge Post 1: Republican Joe Portrey (i)
• Justice Court Judge Post 2: Democrats Sam Keys and Valerie Moore and Republicans Mike Campbell and Roger Martin (i)
• Constable Post 1: Republican Kelly Porter (i)
• Constable Post 2: Democrat Mary Wilson and Republicans W. Lavon Boyd (i), Krysten Butler and Troy Floyd
• District Attorney District 14 (Lincoln, Pike and Walthall counties): Republican Joe Robert “Joey” Norton IV
Applications for countywide races are available in the circuit clerk’s office and on the county website. It’s $100 to submit qualifying paperwork for Republican or Democratic parties. Those planning to run as independent must pay $100 and also submit a petition containing the signatures of 50 active, registered voters.
All candidates must file a statement of economic interest electronically with the Mississippi Ethics Commission within 15 days of qualifying for office.
The following have qualified for state office. Democratic statewide offices will not be released until March 1, per the Democrat Party.
• Governor: Republicans Tate Reeves and Robert Foster
• Lieutenant Governor: Republican Shane Quick
• Secretary of State: Republican Sam Britton and Michael Watson
• Treasurer: Republican Eugene S. “Buck” Clarke
• Attorney General: Republicans Lynn Fitch and Mark Baker
• Auditor: Republican Shad White (i)
• Insurance Commissioner: Republican Mike Chaney (i)
• Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce: Republican Andy Gipson (i)
• Transportation Commissioner: Republicans Trey Bowman and Jeremy A. Martin, Northern District; Ricky Pennington Jr., Central District; and Tom King (i) and Chad Toney, Southern District
• Public Service Commissioner: Republicans Brent Bailey, Central District; and Dane Maxwell, Southern District
• State Senate — District 39: Republicans Elizabeth Brown, Josh Davis and Sally Doty (i)
• State House — District 53: Republican Vince Mangold (i)
• State House — District 92: Republican Becky Currie (i)