The Daily Leader wins first-place awards
Published 9:51 pm Monday, February 11, 2019
The Daily Leader took home several first-place honors at the Mississippi Press Association’s annual advertising excellence contest Saturday. The newspaper was awarded an overall second place for advertising excellence.
The newspaper’s lifestyles magazine, Brookhaven Magazine, won first place in the magazine periodical competition. The newspaper also won first place for all daily newspapers in the state for its annual newcomer’s magazine “39601”. The Daily Leader’s annual football preview magazine, Gridiron, also won first place, as did its annual Profile edition.
On 39601, the judges wrote: “The cover is outstanding and I love that the name is simply the zip code. A lot of great info for someone just moving to town. Could also be useful for residents that have lived there their entire life. Great piece of work.”
Other awards won:
• First place, all dailies, for classified display ad.
• First place, all dailies, for house ad.
• First place for color retail ad.
• First place for color institutional ad.
• First place for color political ad.
• Second place for color retail ad.
• Second place for color healthcare ad.
• Second place for black/white service ad.
• Second place for black/white grocery/restaurant ad.
• Third place for color retail ad.
• Third place, all dailies, for house ad.
• Third place, all dailies, for magazine ad for financial institution.
• Third place, for color grocery/restaurant ad.
“These awards show the hard work and dedication of our editorial, advertising and graphics staff,” Publisher Luke Horton said. “Ad manager Kristi Carney and her team do a great job of working with clients to develop eye-catching, impactful advertisements. The newsroom deserves credit for creating magazines that stand out among our peers.”