Lincoln County Board of Supervisors presents scholarships, flag
The Lincoln County Board of Supervisors presented scholarships and a flag Monday.
On Monday, the board of supervisors met for its regularly scheduled meeting and presented scholarships to two rising college freshmen.
The first scholarship, for $500, was awarded to Ransom Stone Dickerson. Dickerson is the son of Keith and Shannon Dickerson. The second scholarship, also for $500, was presented to Anna Brooks Johnson. Johnson is the daughter of David and Rhonda Johnson.
These scholarships were provided by the Mississippi Association of Supervisors. In order to be eligible, the student has to be a relative of a current or retired county employee.
The board also presented a Mississippi state flag to Brookhaven Military Memorial Museum board member Randall Smith. The flag, which bears the now-retired design, was formerly displayed in the boardroom. This flag will now be displayed at the museum on South Whitworth Avenue.
In other business, the board of supervisors approved the following:
• Board minutes from July 13.
• Sheriff meal count sheet for week 41.
• Amended Homestead applications, parcel strike letters and petitions for assessment; presented by Blake Pickering.
• Utility agreement for Chestnut Lane for AT&T.
• Lincoln County School District Superintendent David Martin’s request to appoint John Shows to serve in his spot on the board of trustees for Copiah-Lincoln Community College.
Story by Gracie Byrne