Mississippi reports 572 new COVID-19 cases; 2 new cases, 1 new death in Lincoln County
The Mississippi State Department of Health reported 572 COVID-19 cases Monday and eight new deaths.
Sunday, MSDH reported 672 new cases and 10 new deaths.
The totals now stand as 61,125 cases of COVID-19 and 1,711 deaths since the state began tracking the virus on March 11. Numbers are from cases reported to MSDH as of 6 p.m. Sunday.
Of the COVID-19 cases, the Department of Health presumes 42,391 people have recovered from the virus — 7,320 more than reported one week ago. This total is updated weekly.
Fifteen new cases of COVID-19 were reported in Lincoln County since Friday, for a total of 745. One of the deaths reported Monday was from Lincoln County, bringing the county’s total deaths to 40.
There are 170 active outbreaks of COVID-19 in long-term care facilities, where one or more cases among residents or staff is considered an outbreak.
As of 6 p.m. July 30, ongoing LTC outbreaks in Lincoln County have been reported at:
- BeeHive Homes of Brookhaven — four staff cases, five resident cases, one death. Monday, administration announced BeeHive is under complete lockdown until Aug. 14.
- Countrybrook Living Center — one staff case, one resident case, no deaths.
- Diversicare of Brookhaven — one staff cases, no resident cases, no deaths.
- Lincoln Residential Center — 15 staff cases, 15 resident cases, no deaths.
- Mississippi Adolescent Center — eight staff cases, no resident cases, no deaths.