Lincoln County COVID update: 1 new death, 18 new cases
One new coronavirus fatality has been reported for Lincoln County Friday, as one of 40 new deaths recorded statewide by the Mississippi State Department of Health.
An additional 18 positive cases of COVID-19 have been reported for the county, as well. Lincoln County has now had 3,269 cases and 96 deaths over the course of the pandemic.
The state recorded 1,210 new positive test results as of 3 p.m. Thursday, making Mississippi’s total number of cases 279,742 — 175,814 confirmed and 103,928 probable. With 4,461 confirmed deaths related to the virus and 1,761 probable virus-related fatalities, MSDH has recorded 6,222 coronavirus deaths.
In the counties bordering Lincoln, none have had reports as high in either category.
- Amite County has reported 1,073 cases and 30 deaths.
- Copiah County has had 2,640 cases and 53 deaths.
- Franklin County has recorded 730 cases and 19 deaths.
- Jefferson County has had 597 cases and 25 deaths.
- Lawrence County has reported 1,142 cases and 18 deaths.
- Pike County has had 2,875 reported cases and 89 related deaths.
MSDH presumes 238,176 people had recovered from the virus as of Jan. 31, the most recent available update.