Monoclonal antibody therapy available in Brookhaven
Published 4:00 pm Monday, January 10, 2022
King’s Daughters Medical Center has monoclonal antibody therapy available for individuals diagnosed with COVID-19.
These treatments are for those that have been diagnosed with a mild to moderate case of COVID-19 and are at high risk of hospitalization. Medication must be administered within 10 days of symptom onset.
High risk is defined as patients who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Has a body mass index greater than 35
- Suffers from chronic kidney disease
- Suffers from diabetes
- Suffers from an immunosuppressive disease or receives immunosuppressant therapy
- Is 65 years of age or older
- Is 55 years of age or older with hypertension, COPD or other respiratory diseases
You must have a physician’s order to receive this treatment from KDMC.