We are tracking the candidates who are running for office in Lincoln County. Here’s the latest.
Published 4:00 pm Friday, January 6, 2023
The first day of qualifying for 2023 elections in Mississippi was Tuesday, Jan. 3. Qualifying ends Feb. 1 at 5 p.m.
The Primary Election is Tuesday, Aug. 8, 2023. If needed, a run-off will be three weeks later, on Aug. 29. The General Election will take place Tuesday, Nov. 7. A run-off, if needed, will be three weeks later, on Nov. 28.
County offices on the ballot are: sheriff; chancery clerk; circuit clerk; tax assessor/collector; coroner; surveyor; supervisors for all five districts; Justice Court judges, posts 1 and 2; constables, posts 1 and 2; and election commissioners for Districts 2 and 4.
State offices on the ballot are: governor, lieutenant governor, secretary of state, attorney general, state auditor, treasurer, commissioner of insurance, commissioner of agriculture and commerce, transportation district commissioners, public service district commissioners, state representatives for Districts 53 and 92, state senator for District 39; and District Attorney District 14.
Each candidate must be a resident of the county and district for which they are running for at least two years by Nov. 6, 2023. All county offices or county district offices have a fee of $100 per party or independent, and must include signatures from 50 active voters in that district. Election commissioners have no fee, but must provide the 50 active voter signatures.
The following have qualified to run for Lincoln County offices, as of 5 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 5:
- Sheriff — Incumbent Steve Rushing, Kelly Porter, Troy Floyd
- Chancery Clerk — Incumbent Alisha McGehee
- Circuit Clerk — Incumbent Dustin Bairfield
- Tax Assessor/Collector — Incumbent Blake Pickering
- Coroner — Blake William Wallace, James D. Martin, Joseph “Little Joe” Honea III
- Surveyor — None
- Supervisor District 1 — Incumbent Jerry Wilson
- Supervisor District 2 — Incumbent Jerry McGehee
- Supervisor District 3 — John David Hart, Ricky W. Nations, Brooks Warren
- Supervisor District 4 — Eli Ferguson
- Supervisor District 5 — Incumbent Doug Falvey, Grady Case, Mark David Porter
- Justice Court Judge Post 1 — Incumbent Ian Smith
- Justice Court Judge Post 2 — Incumbent Roger Martin
- Constable Post 1 — Justin Case, Lance Lewis “Jr.”
- Constable Post 2 — Incumbent W. Lavon Boyd, Wade Hinshaw
- Election Commissioner District 2 — None
- Election Commissioner District 4 — None