Chamber provides valuable service to members, community
The chamber of commerce is about more than just the ChristmasParade.
That was evident Thursday as chamber and Industrial DevelopmentFoundation leaders highlighted a long list of achievements in 2003.A la David Letterman, the presentation featured the chamber’s Top10 Accomplishments for the Year:
10. Twenty-five ribbon cuttings.
9. Three hundred people improved their business skills at theWorkforce Development Lab.
8. Reached 1,200 members with membership events.
7. Reached 15,000 people with community events.
6. Saved existing industry $1.2 million
5. Secured $500,000 for existing industry expansion.
4. Implemented plan for new Industrial Park.
3. Created 200 new manufacturing jobs.
2. Created 100 new service sector jobs.
1. Assisted in $98 million in new business investment.
Membership in the chamber of commerce and IDF helps makes allthese positive steps possible. And chamber leaders are working tohard to provide a good return on members’ dollars.
Here’s hoping 2004 is as successful as 2003.