Bulldogs rally past Wolves

Published 5:00 am Monday, October 4, 2004

PERKINSTON – Moss Point’s Brandon Biggs led Gulf Coast Communityto a game-winning drive in the final three minutes to lead theBulldogs to a thrilling 38-35 win over Copiah-Lincoln Thursdaynight at A.L. May Stadium.

Co-Lin (1-4, 1-2 South Division) took a 35-30 lead with 3:11left on a 1-yard dive by quarterback Beau Billeck.

“We didn’t play good in the first half,” said Co-Lin headfootball coach Glenn Davis. “We were adequate offensively. Wemissed some opportunities in the first half,

Subscribe to our free email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox

“We had our chances in the second half,” continued Davis. “Wemissed a few opportunities We played them with a lot more intensityin the second half. We scored 35 the last two games. We have tokeep coming out with the same effort.”

Biggs, who entered in the first quarter after starting GulfCoast quarterback Eric Walden left with a shoulder injury, led theBulldogs on their final drive. The key play was a 50-yard toss toTony Burks to convert a third down from the Gulf Coast 30.

A 16-yard pass to Donavan Dickson placed the ball to the 4.Three plays later, Dantrell Savage leaped over a defender and intothe end zone with 50 seconds left to make it 36-35. Biggs then hitDickson for the two-point conversion for a three-point cushion.

Co-Lin reached the Gulf Coast 46, but Billeck’s end zone heavewas broken up, sealing the win for coach Steve Campbell’s club.

Gulf Coast improves to 3-2 overall and is now 2-1 in SouthDivision play.

Biggs finished 11-of-18 passing for 177 yards and twotouchdowns. He also rushed for 84 yards.

Savage ended with 107 yards and two scores. He had also had a67-yard touchdown run in the first quarter that made it 10-3.

The two teams were tied 10-10 when Gulf Coast scored the next 12points on a safety, a 16-yard Biggs TD pass to Burks and a 32-yardfield goal by Chris Symmes.

Co-Lin battled back with two straight scores, taking the lead at23-22 with 11:57 to go in the third quarter following a 3-yard TDpass from Billeck.

The two teams then traded scores. Biggs hit Octavian Stafford ona 4-yard TD pass. Co-Lin answered with Julius Roberson scoring onan 11-yard run. Co-Lin could’ve tied the game at 30-all but missedthe PAT kick with 5:49 left in the third quarter.”