Authorities arrest 11 suspects in drug roundup
Published 5:00 am Wednesday, July 22, 2009
MONTICELLO – Eleven people in Lawrence County were detained ondrug charges Tuesday in a daylong roundup that sent five lawenforcement agencies to three towns.
Monticello Police Department Sgt. Scott Stormo said 10 adultsand one juvenile were arrested on warrants for selling controlledsubstances ranging from cocaine, Xanax, hydrocodone to oxycodone.All charges were enhanced because the sale occurred within 1,500feet of an unnamed church in Monticello.
“It’s been about a three-month drug investigation by me and acouple of (Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics) agents, all spearheadedby the police department,” Stormo said.
The roundup began before 5 a.m., and the department was assistedby the Lawrence County Sheriff’s Department, the New Hebron PoliceDepartment, the Mississippi Department of Corrections and MBN.
Officers arrested 10 adults and one juvenile, and seized fourvehicles by serving 15 felony drug warrants and one search warrant,Stormo said. He said there were no cases of resisting or fleeing,though officers were forced to kick the door in when one suspectrefused to open it.
Those detained in the roundup and their charges include:
* Brandie McDaniel, 22, of 122 North Dummy Line Road, SilverCreek – sale of a Schedule One controlled substance and sale of aSchedule Three controlled substance.
* Benjamin Oppenheimer, 23, of 122 North Dummy Line Road, SilverCreek -sale of a Schedule One controlled substance and sale of aSchedule Three controlled substance.
* Jimmy Ray Dadon, 39, 903 Bridges St., Monticello – sale of aSchedule Two substance.
* Charles Brown, 27, of 112 John Peyton Lane, Monticello – saleof a Schedule Four controlled substance.
* Ester McCullum, 37, of 1123 Rockport Avenue, Monticello – saleof a Schedule Two controlled substance.
* Joshua Lambert, 23, of 7 Bethel Road, Monticello – sale of aSchedule Two controlled substance.
* Timothy “Joel” King, 34, of 459 Manning Crossing Road, Jayess-two counts of sale of a Schedule Three controlled substance and afelony indictment for sale of a Schedule Three controlledsubstance.
* Richard Walker, 44, of 14 Iris Lane, Natchez – sale of aSchedule Three controlled substance.
* Felicia Hayes, 35, of 319 Cephus Williams Road, Silver Creek -sale of a Schedule Three controlled substance.
* Corey Butler, 20, of 48 Raddie Hill Lane, Silver Creek – saleof a Schedule One controlled substance.
The juvenile arrested was 16 years old from Silver Creek. He wascharged with sale of a Schedule Three controlled substance.