Avoiding the Burn
Seek the shade, especially between 10 A.M. and 4 P.M.
* Do not burn.
* Avoid tanning and UV tanning booths.
* Use a sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher every day.
* Apply 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) of sunscreen to your entire body 30minutes before going outside. Reapply every two hours.
* Cover up with clothing, including a broad-brimmed hat andUV-blocking sunglasses.
* Keep newborns out of the sun. Sunscreens should be used on babiesover the age of six months.
* Examine your skin head-to-toe every month.
* See your physician every year for a professional skin exam.
Information from www.skincancer.org