LEADER again wins Advertising Excellence
JACKSON – The DAILY LEADER Adverting andGraphics staff captured 26 awards, including Advertising Excellencein its category for the sixth year in a row, Saturday during theMississippi Press Association’s Better Newspaper Contest -Advertising competition.
Awards were announced during MPA’s Mid-Winter Conference. The DAILYLEADER competed in the Daily Division C category, for newspaperswith circulations under 9,000.
“For six straight years, The DAILY LEADER has been honored by ourpeers in the newspaper industry with the top award for advertisingexcellence,” said Publisher Bill Jacobs. “I could not be more proudof our staff, as these awards represent the tireless and dedicatedefforts by each of them to provide a quality newspaper for thecommunity, our subscribers, readers and advertisers.”
Other awards won by newspaper staff members include:
• Retail Advertisement, Black and White: First place, Sherri Mathisand Jason Reeves for Dazzlin Dancewear; Second place, Reeves forJanie’s Pastry Shop.
• Grocery or Restaurant Advertisement, Black and White: Secondplace Jocelyn Robinson for Polly’s Restaurant; Third place,Robinson and Glynna Broxson, The Family Restaurant.
• Auto Advertisement, Color: First place, Sherri Mathis and JasonReeves for Barker Honda. Third place, Glynna Broxson and Reeves forStan King GM Superstore.
• Retail Advertisement, Color: Third place, Sherri Mathis andJocelyn Robinson for Castle’s.
• Institutional Advertisement, Color: First place, Carol Teasleyand Jason Reeves for Brookhaven School District’s Meet the Teacheradvertisement; second place, Glynna Broxson and Reeves forBrookhaven Academy Lady Cougars.
• Service Advertisement, Color: Third place, Glynna Broxson andJocelyn Robinson for KDMC Fitness Center.
• Political Advertisement, Color: Second place, Sherri Mathis andJason Reeves for Becky Bartram.
• Small Space Ad, Black and White: Third place, Glynna Broxson andJason Reeves for Michael Logan’s.
• Small Space Advertisement, Color: Third place, Carol Teasley andJocelyn Robinson, Football is here.
• Series of Ads: First place, Sherri Mathis and Jocelyn Robinsonfor Expectations; Second place, Glynna Broxson and Robinson forRodeo; Third place, Carol Teasley and Robinson for SmithJewelers.
• Theme Page: First place, Michael Granger for Babies 2010; Thirdplace, Jocelyn Robinson for Valentine’s Day.
• Classified Page or Section among All Dailies: Third place, AnnaMontgomery.
• Classified Display Advertisement among All Dailies: Second placefor the ad Job Hunting?
• Editorial House Ad among All Dailies: Second Place, Jason Reevesfor the advertisement Get Hooked.
• Circulation House Ad among All Dailies: First place, Jason Reevesfor Carrier Month.
• Magazine Advertisement: First place, Carol Teasley and JasonReeves for State Bank; Second place, Glynna Broxson and MichaelGranger for Banking on the Go.
• Silver Dollar Idea among All Dailies: Third place, ReganBarksdale, Kids’ Design An Ad.