Daily Leader wins big at competition
The Daily Leader took home 15 awards, including four first place prizes, from the Mississippi Press Association’s Mid-Winter Conference Better Newspaper Advertising Awards Luncheon Saturday.
The Daily Leader also placed second in general excellence.
The Daily Leader competes against other Mississippi newspapers similar in size – under 9,000 – in most categories. Some of the competitors include the Greenwood Commonwealth, The Oxford Eagle and the Vicksburg Post.
<cTypeface:Bold> First place awards include:<cTypeface:Plain>
• Political Ad Color: Lincoln County for Thad Cochran, Lincoln County Republican Party – Kristi Carver
• Small Space Ad Color: We Frame It – Tracy McGuffee
• Health Care Ad Color: Speech Pathology Associates – Kristi Carver
• Financial Ad Color: Bank of Brookhaven – Kristi Carver
<cTypeface:Bold> Second place awards include: <cTypeface:Plain>
• Grocery or Restaurant Ad Color – Sweet Tooth – Kristi Carver and Michael Granger
• Series of Ads – Aston Court – Kristi Carver
• Financial Ad Color – State Bank – Tracy McGuffee
• Retail Ad Black & White – Brookhaven Music & Sound – Tracy McGuffee
• Theme Page – Christmas Open House Retailers – Kristi Carver and Michael Granger
• Service Ad Black & White – Bane Drugs – Kristi Carver
• Grocery or Restaurant Ad – Pasta Junction – Tracy McGuffee and Michael Granger
• Institutional Ad Color – Showstoppers Studio of Dance – Kristi Carver and Michael Granger
<cTypeface:Bold> Third place awards include:<cTypeface:Plain>
• Service Ad Color – Brookhaven Music – Tracy McGuffee
• Institutional Ad Black & White – West Lincoln School – Tracy McGuffee and Michael Granger