Union Church

Published 9:55 pm Saturday, August 15, 2015

Excitement and hot weather prevail at Union Church. Our children have started back to school. The primary election is behind us. Political debates are going strong and life goes on. Our knees should be getting a good dose of activity as we pray for our children, teachers, administrators and schools in this area and for America as we get ready for the November election.

Jefferson County Primary Election results of Tuesday, Aug. 4 are as follows: Democratic results show Robert Gray for Governor with 51.81 percent of the vote; Lieutenant Governor, Tim Johnson with 75 percent; Secretary of State Charles Graham, 99 percent; Jim Hood, 99 percent; State Auditor, J. Pepper Prichett, 99 percent; Public Central District, Cecil Brown, 66 percent; Transportation Central District, Mary H. Coleman, 62 percent; Attorney District 22, Alexander C. Martin, 99 percent; Senate District 36, Albert Butler, 39 percent, and E. E. Colenberg, Sr., 39 percent; House of Representative District 85, Maurice Hudson, 47 percent and A. Chuck Middleton, 38 percent; House of Representative District 94, Robert I. Johnson III, 100 percent; Chancery Clerk, Delories Frye, 62 percent; Circuit Clerk, Arnell Harried, 100 percent; Coroner-Ranger, K. M. McDonald, 99 percent; Sheriff, D. Grover, 36 percent and Peter Walker, 50.65 percent; Superintendent of Education, Tracy M. Cook, 40.9 percent, and Vincent Turner, 30 percent; Surveyor, Ron Phillips, 99 percent; Tax Assessor, Samantha Jackson, 99 percent; Supervisor District 1, James E. Wells, 59.40 percent; Supervisor District 2, Tim Chambliss, 33 percent and Cammie E. Hutcherson, 23.89 percent; Supervisor District III, Trent L. Hudson Sr., 43.95 percent, and Jerry Dale Wilson, 34.55 percent; Supervisor District IV, S. D. Johnson, 69 percent; Supervisor District 5, Tracy A. Collins 54 percent; District I Eastern, T. T. Harris-Irving, 99 percent; District 2 Western, James E. Oliver, 99 percent; District 1 Eastern, James E. Bailey, Sr., 99 percent; District 2 Western, Carl Bailey, 74 percent.

Jefferson County Primary Election results are as follows: Republican results show Phil Bryant, 90 percent; Lieutenant Governor, Tate Reeves 86 percent; Secretary of State, Delbert Hoseman, 100 percent; Attorney General, Mike Hurst, 100 percent; State Auditor, Stacey E. Pickering, 77.9 percent; State Treasurer, Lynn Fitch, 60 percent; Commissioner of Agriculture, Cindy Hyde-Smith, 100 percent; Commissioner of Insurance, Mike Chaney, 74.5 percent, Public Central District, Brent Bailey, 56.5 percent; Transportation Central District, Dick Hall, 100 percent. Thank you David Alsworth, county election commissioner, for this information.

Subscribe to our free email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox

New babies are in abundance in Union Church and we are so thankful for them. Barry and Beth White are parents of Rhett Melvin White, born July 14, 2015 weighing six pounds, 13 ounces and measuring 20 inches long. Logan and Samantha Carr are parents of Eli Hunter Carr, born July 30, 2015 weighing eight pounds seven ounces and measuring 20 1/2 inches long. Congratulations!

August birthdays include Victoria Cole, Cherron Carr, Pat Kimble, Erlene Hudson and Bo Lowery. Happy Birthdays.

August anniversaries include Logan and Samantha Carr and Lynn and Kathy Posey. Happy Anniversaries.

Listening to our candidates, deciding who will get our votes, remembering the sacrifices of those who provide this freedom, may we remember: “God’s best is often behind the doors marked, NEVER!

Have a happy week

If you have any Union Church area news to report, contact Erlene Hudson at (601) 786-3079 or e-mail ehudsonb@aol.com.