Published 10:06 am Friday, September 4, 2015
The Brookhaven Police Department’s reports for Thursday were as follows:
• Traffic stop on Virginia Avenue
• Traffic stop on Brookway Boulevard
• Attempted burglary on Lewis Drive
• Traffic stop on West Monticello Street
• Traffic stop on Union Street ext.
• Missing person on Virginia Avenue
• Found property on Highway 51 South
• Clear welfare check on North Seventh Street
• Complainant on North Smylie Street
• Traffic accident on Highway 51
• Alarm on North Jackson Street
• Disturbance on Brookway Boulevard
• Complainant on Marr Street
• Theft on North Jackson Street
• Traffic stop on Old Highway 51
• Discharging firearm on Harold Price Lane
• Public assist on Ingram Street
• Vehicular accident on Brookway Boulevard
• Vehicular accident on West Industrial Park Road
• Disturbance on Furr Avenue
• Shoplifter on Brookway Boulevard
• Vehicular accident on Highway 84 W/B
• Suspicious person on North Jackson Street
• Disturbance on Union Street
• Harassment on Marr Street
The Lincoln County Sheriff’s office reports for Wednesday were as follows:
• Lost or stolen on Leighton Lane
• Suspicious vehicle on Shell Oil Lane
• Medical assistance on Highway 51 North
• Suspicious vehicle on Marwood Loop
• Lost or stolen on East Lincoln Drive
• Traffic accident on Bales Lane
The Lincoln County Jail Docket for Wednesday was as follows:
• Joey Daniels, 07-21-87, of 510 Arm Road, Silver Creek – arrested for DUI/refused test by the Mississippi Highway Patrol.
• Jeremy W. Douglas, 09-25-81, of 2302 Misty Lane, Bogue Chitto – arrested for possession of a controlled substance, driving with a suspended license, and no proof of liable insurance by the Lincoln County Constable.
• Epiphany Forrest, 09-16-92, of 1058 Eighth St., Wesson – arrested for careless driving, no proof of liable insurance, first offense DUI, and possession of an open beer by the Brookhaven Police Department.
• Paul A. Graham, 05-29-87, of 2109 Dixie Road, Brookhaven – arrested for no proof of liable insurance, driving without a license, possession of crack with intent sell, possession of cocaine with intent to sell and possession of a controlled substance.
• Oosmond Hayes, 01-02-85, of 713 Lipsey St. – arrested by the BPD.
• Joseph D. Martin, 12-23-78, of 3563 Lowery Lane, Summit – arrested for probation violation by the Mississippi Department of Corrections.
• Jason Moak, 08-05-74, of 1523 Clyde Trail – arrested to serve time by MDOC.
• Carl L. Nelson, 06-22-63, of 2138 Madison Road – arrested for public drunkenness and public profanity by the BPD.
• Tameka Robinson, 11-03-78, of 734 Brookwood – arrested for shoplifting by the BPD.
• David K. Tyler, 07-31-92, of 2830 Hopewell Road – arrested for indictment by BPD.
• Yasmine K. Walker, 09-02-96, of 900 Williams St. Apt. No. 33 – arrested for shoplifting by BPD.
• Javian Washington, 07-23-93, of 900 Williams St. Apt. No. 60 – arrested for driving with a suspended license, expired vehicle tag, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana in motor vehicle, possession of an open beer by BPD.
• Lambert L. Johnson, 01-18-56, of 2480 Jackson Liberty, Brookhaven – arrested for first offense DUI.
• Syrenthia Miller, 09-22-61, of 300 Old Wesson Road, Brookhaven – arrested for disturbing the peace by the BPD.
Note: An arrest does not constitute guilt for the accused. All individuals are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Highway Patrol Reports
Mississippi Highway Patrol Troop M reports to an accident on I-55 northbound at 4:15 p.m. The Highway patrol reports no injuries.
King’s Daughters Medical Center Ambulance Service had 14 calls Thursday; three were transfers, with two to Jackson and one to Pike County. There were 11 emergency calls, with nine medical, three in the city and six in the county. There was one trauma in the city and one motor vehicle accident in the city.
Local weather stats
The Wastewater Treatment Facility in Brookhaven reported a high of 96 degrees for Thursday and a low of 69. The temperature at 7:30 a.m. Friday was 71 degrees. There was 0.0 inches of precipitation.
On Thursday the Mississippi River stage at Vicksburg, where the flood stage is 43 feet, was 16.2, down 0.6 feet in the past 24 hours. In Natchez, where the flood stage is 48 feet, was 23.9, down 0.3 feet in the past 24 hours. The Pearl River stage at Jackson was unreported for Thursday.