School board approves bids for survey work
Published 9:58 am Wednesday, September 9, 2015
The Lincoln County School District Board of Trustees on Tuesday accepted bids from Joe W. Byrd for survey work on 16th Section land.
Byrd submitted the lowest bids for the two different projects. The first includes marking lines and reestablishing the southwest, northwest and northeast section corners of Section 16-T6N-R6E. The boundaries will be marked by metal fence posts at intervals and blazing trees. Four copies of the survey plat will be provided and the project is expected to be complete in eight weeks. Total compensation will be $10,200. R.K. Phillips submitted a bid of $11,850.
The second project will be similar for Section 16-T6N-R7E, with the focus on the northeast corner and the north quarter corner. The cost will be $2,200. R.K. Phillips submitted a bid of $2,650.
Other board business:
• The board approved amended contracts of teachers to reflect new AA certification.
• The board approved to add two names to the substitute bus driver list.
• The board approved a family medical leave request.
• The board approved to collect lab fees.
• The board approved to request money from Jr. High and High School girl basketball players for their shoes, bags and wind suits.
• The board approved to accept money for advertising signs in the gym for basketball and to accept money for junior high basketball shoes at West Lincoln.
• The board approved a lease contract on three cars with Paul Barnett Nissan for driver’s education.
The next board meeting will be at Sept. 21 at 5 p.m.