Published 10:31 am Tuesday, September 15, 2015
The Brookhaven Police Department’s reports for Friday through Monday were as follows:
• Trespassing on Howard Road
• Traffic accident on Brignall Road
• Suspicious activity on Rogers Circle
• Assault of a policeman on Highway 84 West of Highway 51
• Alarm on Brookway Boulevard
• Public assist on Charlie Lane
• Harassment on Rance Drive
• Warrant check on North 7th Street
• Vehicular accident on Old Highway 51
• Traffic stop on Cloverdale Street
• Reckless driving on Highway 51 North
• Problem with juvenile on South Martin Luther King Jr. Drive
• Improperly parked vehicle on North Whitworth Avenue
• Complainant on Charlie Lane
• Traffic stop on East Monticello Street
• Suspicious vehicle on South Whitworth Avenue
• Trespassing on South Church Street
• Public assist on Brookman Drive
• Embezzlement on Stribling Road
• Traffic stop on South Whitworth Avenue
• Complainant on North 4th Street
• Intoxicated driver on Field Park Lane
• Traffic stop on Field Park Lane
• Ambulance assist on Highway 51 North
• Public assist on Dale Trail
• Loud music on Rogers Circle
• Suspicious person on Brookway Boulevard
• Traffic stop on Brookway Boulevard
• Disturbance on South First Street
• Disturbance on Old Brook Road
• Disturbance on South Second Street
• Disturbance on Evelyn Street
• Accident with injuries on Brookway Boulevard
• Narcotics activity suspected on Industrial Park Road
• Trespassing on South Jackson Street
• Possession of alcohol on Brookway Boulevard
• Suspicious person on West Chickasaw Street
• Theft on Linton Avenue
• Complainant on East Minnesota Street
• Alarm on Brookway Boulevard
• Complainant on Charlie Lane
• Harassment on Brookway Boulevard
• Open door on North Whitworth Avenue
• Alarm on North Church Street
• Traffic stop on Union Street ext.
• Improperly parked vehicle on Union Street ext.
• Shoplifter on Highway 51 North
• Animal control on East Manufacturers Road
• Public assist on Highway 51 South
• Shoplifter on Brookway Boulevard
• Animal Control on JW Morgan Way
• Alarm on North First Street
• Complainant on Bryant Street
• Suspicious person on South Church Street
• Traffic accident on Schwen Avenue
• Traffic accident on Highway 51 North
• Traffic accident on Johnny Johnson Drive
• Fire department assist on Field Lark Lane
• Traffic stop on Old Highway 51
• Traffic accident on Highway 51 South
• Fight on East Monticello Street
• Problem with juvenile on Williams Street
• Found property on Linton Avenue
• Complainant on Kennedy Drive
• Traffic stop on Industrial Park Road and Main Street
• Traffic stop on Deer Run Trail
• Traffic stop on Minnesota and First Street
• Complainant on Brookway Boulevard
• Alarm on Biglane Drive
• Vehicular accident on East Monticello Street
• Vandalism on Williams Street
The Lincoln County Sheriff’s office reports for Friday through Sunday were as follows:
• Suspicious person on Wroten/Viena Trail
• Livestock on road on Melvin Mason Road
• Lost or stolen on Hog Chain Drive
• Suspicious vehicle on Concord Lane
• Unlock on South Church Street
• Lost or stolen on Old Malcom Road
• Unlock at Save-A-Lot
• Vandalism on Highway 84 West
• Lost or stolen on East Crate Drive
• Unlock at Kasko Truck Stop
• Suspicious vehicle on Bogue Chitto Road
• Burglar alarm on Lower Meadville Drive
• Prowler on Arlington Drive
• Unlock at Home Depot
• Burglar alarm on Wellman Drive
• Burglar alarm on Live Oak Lane
• Vandalism on Shannon Drive
• Disturbance on Highway 550
• Suspicious vehicle on Highway 583
• Burglar alarm on Highway 550
• Theft on Thomas Lane
• Burglar alarm at Dollar General Highway 84 West
• Prowler on Elbert Lane
• Disturbance on McCullough Road
• Disturbance/Loud music on Haley Trail
• Suspicious vehicle on Palmetto Trail
• Unlock at KDMC ER parking lot
• Suspicious person on I-55 North of exit 42
• Alarm on Highway 84 West
• Unlock on Natchez Avenue
• Vandalism on Homesville Road
• Disturbance on Oakwood Lane
• Disturbance on Royal Street
• Suspicious vehicle on Montgomery Road
• Burglar alarm on Allred Drive
• Burglar alarm on Oil Field Lane
The Lincoln County Jail Docket for Friday through Sunday was as follows:
• Homer Durr, 06-21-68, of 427 7th St. — arrested for failure to register as a sex offender by the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office.
• Rafin Henderson, 09-23-61, of 2445 Fortune Road — arrested for possession of open beer by the Brookhaven Police Department.
• Janel Jergins, 03-08-73, of 2415 SE Topisaw Drive, Bogue Chitto — arrested for simple assault/domestic violence by the LCSO.
• Lawrence R. Jergins, 11-19-71, of 2415 SE Topisaw Drive, Bogue Chitto — arrested for simple assault/domestic violence by the LCSO.
• Wanda F. Johnson, 01-30-74, of 2310 Brignall Road — arrested for aggravated assault and leaving the scene of an accident by the BPD.
• Adam King, 07-11-80, of 433 Mallalieu Drive — arrested for willful trespassing by the BPD.
• Shavonie Mitchell, 03-31-93, of 1362 Union Street ext. Apartment 16A, Brookhaven — arrested for embezzlement by the BPD.
• Adan Reyes, 04-05-77, of 2733 Old Brandon Road, Pearl — arrested for home repair fraud by the LCSO.
• Lonnie Mackbee, 07-12-69, of 670 Nalco — arrested for expired vehicle tag, having no driver’s license, and no proof of liable insurance by the BPD.
• Deishonaye L. Nelson, 08-20-90, of 2730 Little lane, Wesson — arrested for embezzlement by the BPD.
• Jerome Scarbough, 05-04-72, of 107 Adam St. — arrested for no driver’s license, possession of beer in a dry county, first offense DUI and disobedience of traffic control devices by the LCSO.
• Joe Buie, 05-01-69, of 291 South Martin Luther King Jr. Drive — arrested for shoplifting by the BPD.
• Jeremy W. Douglas, 09-25-81, of 2302 Misty Lane, Bogue Chitto — arrested for expired vehicle tag by the LCSO.
• Varronda M. Gardner, 05-08-83, of 989 Mallalieu Road Lot No. 3, Brookhaven — arrested for disturbing the peace by the BPD.
• Willie C. Goldbolt, 05-01-82, of 377 Brister St., Bogue Chitto — arrested for probation violation and contempt of court by the LCSO.
• Wanaki N. Merchant, 09-13-81, of 415 Center St. — arrested for driving with a suspended license by the BPD.
Note: An arrest does not constitute guilt for the accused. All individuals are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
• Lotto: 01-06-07-16-24-40
• Estimated jackpot: $2,600,000.
• Powerball: 02-03-13-16-35-27.
• Estimated jackpot: $168,700,000.
Local weather stats
The Wastewater Treatment Facility in Brookhaven reported a high of 89 degrees for Monday and a low of 50. The temperature at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday was 62 degrees. There was 0.0 inches of precipitation.
On Monday the Mississippi River stage at Vicksburg, where the flood stage is 43 feet, was 12.7, down 0.2 feet in the past 24 hours. In Natchez, where the flood stage is 48 feet, was 19.8, up 0.4 feet in the past 24 hours. The Pearl River stage at Jackson, where the flood stage is 12 feet, was 4.8, down 0.0 feet in the past 24 hours.
The Brookhaven Fire Department responded to an apartment fire at Country Village Apartments. Firefighters responded at approximately 2:06 p.m. to a fire in apartment 38. There were no injuries, but the apartment suffered about 30 percent damage. Firefighters left the scene around 4:13 p.m.
Copiah County Reports
The Wesson Volunteer Fire Department reported to a medical call at Copiah-Lincoln Community College. Volunteer firefighters responded at approximately 3:16 p.m. and returned around 3:47 p.m.
Highway Patrol Reports
Mississippi Highway Patrol Troop M reports a one-vehicle accident for Monday on Highway 550.
King’s Daughters Medical Center Ambulance Service had 13 calls Monday; five were transfers, with three to Jackson, one to Hattiesburg and one to Southwest. There were eight emergency calls, with eight medical, seven in the city and one in the county.