Published 10:28 am Friday, September 18, 2015
The Brookhaven Police Department’s reports for Thursday were as follows:
• Public assist on South Second Street
• Traffic stop on Magee Drive
• Public assist on Crooked Lane
• Public assist on Brookway Boulevard
• Vehicle burglary on North Second Street
• Alarm on Brookway Boulevard
• Traffic stop on Brookway Boulevard
• Public assist on Booker Street
• Alarm on North First Street
• Traffic accident on Brookway Boulevard
• Suspicious vehicle on Brookman Drive
• Animal control on Short Street
• Fire department assist on North Jackson Street
• Assault on Old Wesson Road
• Public assist on West Congress Street
• Problem with juvenile on Poplar Street
• Suspicious person on Brookway Boulevard
• Fire on Evelyn Street
• Complainant on Crider Drive
• Vandalism on North Seventh Street
• Traffic stop on 84/55 on ramp
• Public assist on Dale Drive
• Disturbance on Harold Price Trail
• Disturbance on South Whitworth Avenue
• Complainant on Brookway Boulevard
• Traffic stop Crooked Lane/Beltline
• Complainant on Old Highway 51
• Complainant on East Minnesota Street
• Suspicious vehicle Williams Street
• Traffic stop at Toyota dealership
• Traffic stop at the Why Not Stop
• Traffic accident on Highway 84
• Clear welfare check Dale Trail
• Complainant on South Egypt Circle
• Public assist on Annabrook Street
• Alarm on South First Street
• Complainant on Union Street ext.
• Traffic stop on Union Street ext.
• Traffic stop on Brookway Boulevard/Brookhaven Street
• Public assist Industrial Park Road
The Lincoln County Sheriff’s office reports for Wednesday were as follows:
• Traffic accident on Nola Road
• Unlock on East Chickasaw Street
• Unlock on Old Wesson Road
• Suspicious person on Auburn Drive
• Burglar alarm on Zetus Road
• Unlock on Industrial Park Road
• Unlock on Northhaven
• Lost or stolen on Mason Road
• Lost or stolen on 2nd Street
• Unlock on Highway 51 North
• Burglary on Upton Trail
• Medical assistance on Hunsucker Lane
• Unlock on Williams Street
The Lincoln County Jail Docket for Wednesday was as follows:
• Tierra S. Allen, 02-23-92, of 425 North 5th St. — arrested for shoplifting by Brookhaven Police Department.
• Chanel Knight, 06-25-69, of 439 North 5th St. — arrested for shoplifting by BPD.
• Jason Moak, 08-05-74, of 1523 Clyde Trail — arrested for serving time by Mississippi Department of Corrections
• Mercedes Richardson, 06-15-95, of 425 North 5th St. — arrested for shoplifting by BPD.
• Delevanta K. White, of 109 Jones Lane SE, Meadville — arrested for shoplifting by BPD.
• Odarius Black, 12-25-96, of 523 Turner St. — arrested for aggravated assault and armed robbery by BPD.
• Ricardo A. Esparza, 07-24-85, of 409 Main St. — arrested for possession of a controlled substance by BPD.
Note: An arrest does not constitute guilt for the accused. All individuals are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Local weather stats
The Wastewater Treatment Facility in Brookhaven reported a high of 92 degrees for Wednesday and a low of 62. The temperature at 7:30 a.m. Thursday was 62 degrees. There was 0.0 inches of precipitation.
The Brookhaven Fire Department responded to a false alarm at the Mississippi School of the Arts after a power failure tripped the alarm. Firefighters responded to the call at 5:31 p.m. and returned to the station at 5:36 p.m. BFD responded to a jaws run for a possible entrapment on I-55. Firefighters responded at 8:53 p.m., but no jaws of life were needed. Firefighters assisted KDMC in taking care of the injured and left the scene at 9:47 p.m.
The Monticello Fire Department reports to three medical calls for Thursday.
Highway Patrol Reports
Mississippi Highway Patrol Troop M reported a car wreck involving two vehicles on I-55 south bound. Non-life threatening injuries were reported.
King’s Daughters Medical Center Ambulance Service had 19 calls Thursday; four were transfers, with all four to Jackson. There were 15 emergency calls, with nine medical, three in the city and six in the county. There was three traumas with one in the city and two in the county. There were three motor vehicle accidents all in the county.