Published 10:53 am Thursday, October 8, 2015
The Brookhaven Police Department’s reports for Wednesday were as follows:
• Traffic stop on Brookway Boulevard
• Public assist on South Church Street
• Traffic accident on Highway 550
• Trespassing on North Center Street
• Animal control on South Washington Street
• Traffic stop on Natchez Avenue
• Traffic stop on Highway 84 East
• Public assist on East Monticello Street
• Traffic accident on Brookway Boulevard
• Public assist on Natchez Avenue
• Fire on North Center Street
• Disturbance on South Second Street
• Leaves fire on Mildred Street
• Disturbance on South Church Street
• Complainant on Industrial Park Road
• Suspicious person on East Chippewa Street
• Public assist on Highway 51 North
• Complainant on Union Street
• Complainant on W L Behan Road
• Traffic stop on North Church Street
• Clear welfare check on Silver Cross Drive
• Traffic stop on Penn Street
• Complainant on Brookway Boulevard
• Complainant on East Monticello Street
• Traffic stop on East Monticello Street
• Disturbance on Union Street
• Traffic stop on Highway 51 North
• Disturbance on East Chippewa Street
• Complainant on St. Charles Place
• Traffic stop on Highway 51
• Public assist on Ellis Road
• Traffic stop on Highway 550/Highway 51
• Traffic stop on Highway 51 South
• Public assist on East Chippewa Street
• Public assist on Brookway Boulevard
• Stalking on South Washington Street
• Traffic stop on South First Street
• Traffic stop on Old Highway 51 Northeast
• Shoplifter on Brookway Boulevard
• Disturbance on West Monticello Street
• Complainant on Hawk Trail
• Public assist on Union Street ext.
The Lincoln County Sheriff’s office reports for Tuesday were as follows:
• Traffic accident on I-55 southbound exit 38
• Livestock on road on Highway 583/Carpenter Lane
• Unlock on Carlisle Lane
• Vandalism on Loyd Star Lane
• Suspicious vehicle on East Lincoln Road
• Traffic accident on Gary Trail
• Unlock at Cracker Barrel
• Unlock on Big Lane Drive
• Unlock at Wal-Mart
• Unlock on Funches Street
• Panic alarm on Heucks Retreat Road
• Unlock on Manufacturers Boulevard
• Suspicious vehicle on Pleasant Grove Road
• Domestic disturbance on Cress Lane
• Unlock on South Second Drive
• Disturbance on Quinn Road
The Lincoln County Jail Docket for Tuesday was as follows:
• Rhonda S. Arevalo, 08-24-78, on 1834 Busby Trail — arrested for probation violation by Mississippi Department of Corrections.
• Calvin Barber, 01-26-83, of 400 Main St. — arrested for probation violation by MDOC.
• Aaron J. Lee, 09-06-82, of 1978 Quin Road — arrested for simple assault/domestic violence by Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office.
Note: An arrest does not constitute guilt for the accused. All individuals are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Local weather stats
The Wastewater Treatment Facility in Brookhaven reported a high of 91 degrees for Wednesday and a low of 61. The temperature at 7:30 a.m. Thursday was 66 degrees. There was 0.0 inches of precipitation.
On Wednesday the Mississippi River stage at Vicksburg, where the flood stage is 43 feet, was 10.0, up 0.6 feet in the past 24 hours. In Natchez, where the flood stage is 48 feet, was 16.5, up 0.1 feet in the past 24 hours. The Pearl River stage at Jackson, where the flood stage is 12 feet, was 4.0, down 0.0 feet in the past 24 hours.
The Brookhaven Fire Department reported to a grass fire Wednesday on North Center Street. Firefighters arrived on the scene at approximately 2:02 p.m. and cleared the area around 2:53 p.m.
Copiah County Reports
The Wesson Volunteer Fire Department reports to a single car accident resulting in injuries early Thursday morning on I-55 southbound. Firefighters arrived at 5:59 a.m. and cleared the scene at 7:53 a.m.
Highway Patrol Reports
Mississippi Highway Patrol Troop M reported to a vehicle hitting a deer on Highway 51 south of 84 at 10:49 a.m. Wednesday. No injuries were reported. Mississippi Highway Patrol also responded to single car accident on Cole Road at 7:36 p.m.
King’s Daughters Medical Center Ambulance Service had 15 calls Wednesday; two were transfers, with two to Jackson. There were thirteen emergency calls, with nine medical, six in the city and three in the county. There were two traumas one in the city and one in the county. There was one motor vehicle accident in the city. There was one cardiac in the city.
• Lotto: 11-15-16-19-35-38
• Estimated jackpot: $3,150,000
• Powerball: 18-30-40-48-52-09
• Estimated jackpot: $50,000,000