Published 10:35 am Friday, October 9, 2015
The Brookhaven Police Department’s reports for Thursday were as follows:
• Disturbance on Union Street ext.
• Traffic stop on Brookway Boulevard
• Intoxicated driver on North Second Street
• Disturbance on Industrial Park Road
• Vandalism on Union Street ext.
• Disturbance on Banks Alley
• Alarm on South Jackson Street
• Public assist on Crooked Lane
• Littering on Industrial Park Road
• Traffic stop on South First Street
• Traffic stop on North Railroad Avenue
• Traffic accident on South Jackson Street
• Traffic stop on Grenn Street
• Suspicious activity on East Monticello Street
• Complainant on Williams Street
• Public assist on South Magee Drive
• Traffic accident on Brookway Boulevard
• Reckless driving on East Court Street
• Traffic accident on East Monticello Street
• Traffic accident on Halbert Heights Road
• Extra patrol on Bryant Street
• Found property on Stribling Road
• Road hazard/pothole on Highway 51 South
• Residential burglary on Vanzie Street
• Officer assist on Highway 51 North
• Traffic stop on East Monticello Street/North First Street
• Traffic stop Industrial Park Road
• Suspicious person on East Chippewa Street
• Reckless driving on Stribling Road
• Alarm on White Oak
• Traffic stop on Penn/Williams
• Threats on Liberty Street
• Disturbance on Swalm Avenue
• Suspicious vehicle at Fisher Park
• Disturbance on Washington
• Traffic stop on Highway 51 South
• Threats on East Minnesota Street
• Complainant on Penn Street
• Traffic stop on Brookhaven Street
• Traffic stop on Big Lane Drive
The Lincoln County Sheriff’s office reports for Wednesday were as follows:
• Suspicious vehicle on Antioch Lane
• Lost or stolen on East Congress Street
• Medical assistance on Bouie Mill Road
• Unlock at Scrub-A-Dub Car Wash
• Unlock on West Enterprise Street
• Warrant Service on Mallalieu/Primitive
• Unlock on East Monticello Street/Short Street
• Unlock at Fred’s/Brookway Boulevard
• Unlock at Boy’s And Girl’s Club
• Intoxicated driver on Timberlane Road
• Prowler on Hawk Trail
The Lincoln County Jail Docket for Wednesday was as follows:
• Brian L. Domanick, 08-21-79, of 38 Alexander Road, Jayess — arrested for speeding, possession of an open beer, possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and possession of crystal meth with intent to distribute by Brookhaven Police Department.
• Paulette A. Graham, 02-17-84, of 513 South First St., Brookhaven — arrested for simple assault by BPD.
• Markitus Kelly, 08-18-93, of 908 Union St./Oakview Apt. #12-B, Brookhaven — arrested for parole violation by BPD.
• Aaron J. Lee, 09-06-82, of 1978 Quin Road, Bogue Chitto — arrested for simple assault/domestic violence by Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office.
• Charlie Smith, 02-09-77, of 975 Wellman Drive, Brookhaven — arrested for probation violation by Mississippi Department of Corrections.
• Lorenzo D. White, 09-04-90, of 721 Ole Brook Road, Brookhaven — arrested for contempt of court, possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and possession of crystal meth with intent to distribute by BPD.
• Jamie T. Reese, 11-14-79, of 606 297 State St., Hazelhurst — arrested for contempt of court and disorderly conduct/breach of peace by BPD.
Note: An arrest does not constitute guilt for the accused. All individuals are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Local weather stats
The Wastewater Treatment Facility in Brookhaven reported a high of 85 degrees for Thursday and a low of 65. The temperature at 7:30 a.m. Friday was 65 degrees. There was 0.0 inches of precipitation.
On Thursday the Mississippi River stage at Vicksburg, where the flood stage is 43 feet, was 11.4, up 1.4 feet in the past 24 hours. In Natchez, where the flood stage is 48 feet, was 17.3, up 0.7 feet in the past 24 hours. The Pearl River stage at Jackson, where the flood stage is 12 feet, was 4.0, down 0.0 feet in the past 24 hours.
The Lawrence County Sheriff’s Department reported to a brush fire at 378 Roan Ready Thursday. Firefighters arrived at approximately 5:23 p.m. and cleared the scene around 5:40 p.m.
Highway Patrol Reports
Mississippi Highway Patrol Troop M reported a two-vehicle accident with no injuries on I-55 southbound at mile marker 36 at 5:29 p.m.
King’s Daughters Medical Center Ambulance Service had 18 calls Thursday; four were transfers, with one to the city, two to Jackson and one to Flowood. There were 14 emergency calls, with 11 medical, 10 in the city and one in the county. There was one trauma in the city and two motor vehicle accidents in the city.