Published 10:05 am Thursday, October 15, 2015
The Brookhaven Police Department’s reports for Wednesday were as follows:
• Threats on Brookway Boulevard
• Traffic stop on West Monticello Street/Jackson Street
• Suspicious person on Oakhill
• Traffic accident on Brookway Boulevard
• Alarm on Vivian Merritt Street
• Accident/property damage on Industrial Park Road
• Suspicious activity on West Warren Avenue
• Hit and run accident on Highway 51 North
• Reckless driving on Highway 51 South
• Complainant on Bryant Street
• Alarm on Deer Run Trail
• Disturbance on South First Street
• Complainant on Highway 51 North
• Fire department assist on North Jackson Street
• Traffic stop on East Monticello Street
• Traffic stop at State Bank
• Shoplifter on Brookway Boulevard
• Traffic stop on Penn Street
• Complainant on Highway 51 South
• Theft on Amite Road
• Complainant on Main Street
• Traffic stop on Brookway Boulevard
• Traffic stop on Highway 51 South
• Theft on West Monticello Street
• Disturbance on Georgia Avenue
• Loud music on South Fifth Street
• Traffic stop on Highway 550
• Traffic stop on North Court Street
• Traffic stop on Highway 51 North
• Harassment on Lewis Drive
• Traffic stop on Natchez Avenue
• Traffic stop on South First Street/East Chippewa Street
• Traffic stop on Brookway Boulevard/I-55
• Alarm on West Monticello Street
• Traffic stop on East Monticello Street/Penn Street
• Traffic stop on Union Street ext./I-55
The Lincoln County Sheriff’s office reports for Tuesday were as follows:
• Medical assistance on Highway 51
• Warrant service on Denton Trail
• Warrant service on Highway 51 South
• Missing adult in Lincoln County
• Traffic accident on Zetus/Brookway Boulevard
• Lost or stolen on Bennie Trail
• Fire on Truly Trail
• Suspicious vehicle on Sunset Road
• Fire on Mt. Zion Road
• Fire on Crawford Lane
• Livestock on road on Ruth Drive
• Unlock at Alexander Jr. High School
The Lincoln County Jail Docket for Tuesday was as follows:
• Travis A. Brinson, 11-18-94, of Lincoln Park Lot Apt. #20, McComb — arrested for probation violation by Brookhaven Police Department.
• Jimmy J. Michiels, 09-06-77, of 922 Highway 761, Church Point, Louisiana — arrested for MDOC house arrest violation by Mississippi Department of Corrections.
• Brandon C. Milton, 09-11-87, of 23 Jenkins Baggett Circle, Sontag — arrested for probation violation by MDOC.
• Robert B. Smith, 11-23-69, of 2814 Pearlie Drive, Brookhaven — arrested for contempt of court by Brookhaven Police Department.
• Nina Smith, 03-13-76, of 1632 Hunter Road, Bogue Chitto — arrested for disorderly conduct/breach of peace by Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office.
Note: An arrest does not constitute guilt for the accused. All individuals are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Local weather stats
The Wastewater Treatment Facility in Brookhaven reported a high of 91 degrees for Wednesday and a low of 48. The temperature at 7:30 a.m. Thursday was 50 degrees. There was 0.0 inches of precipitation.
On Wednesday the Mississippi River stage at Vicksburg, where the flood stage is 43 feet, was 11.1, down 0.7 feet in the past 24 hours. In Natchez, where the flood stage is 48 feet, was 18.8, down 0.7 feet in the past 24 hours. The Pearl River stage at Jackson, where the flood stage is 12 feet, was 3.9, down 0.1 feet in the past 24 hours.
The Brookhaven Fire Department reported to smoke coming out of a home on North Jackson Street Wednesday. Firefighters responded at 3:12 p.m. to discover the residents stove and wall on fire. The building sustained around 20% damage. Firefighters cleared the scene around 3:37 p.m.
Highway Patrol Reports
Mississippi Highway Patrol Troop M reported a two-vehicle car accident at 9:57 a.m. Wednesday on I-55 southbound mile marker 34. No injuries were reported. The Mississippi Highway Patrol reported another two-vehicle car accident at 3:57 p.m. Wednesday on Highway 583 at the Allen Store, again no injuries were reported.
King’s Daughters Medical Center Ambulance Service had 16 calls Wednesday; four were transfers, with four to Jackson. There were 12 emergency calls, with 11 medical, eight in the city and three in the county. There was one trauma in the city.
• Lotto: 12-15-22-28-35-38
• Estimated jackpot: $250,000
• Powerball: 15-20-29-31-40-01.
• Estimated jackpot: $70,000,000
The house featured in a Halloween story in Wednesday’s edition is on Union Church Road, not W. Cherokee Street. We regret the mistake and are happy to set the record straight.
The DAILY LEADER tries to quickly and accurately correct any errors of fact that are brought to News Editor Julia Miller at 601-833-6961, ext. 637.