Published 2:44 pm Thursday, October 29, 2015
Local Weather Statistics
The Wastewater Treatment Facility in Brookhaven reported a high of 79 degrees for Wednesday and a low of 62. The temperature at 7:30 a.m. Thursday was 63 degrees. There was 0.0 inches of precipitation.
On Wednesday the Mississippi River stage at Vicksburg, where the flood stage is 43 feet, was 7.0, down 0.1 feet in the past 24 hours. In Natchez, where the flood stage is 48 feet, was 16.3, down 0.7 feet in the past 24 hours. The Pearl River stage at Jackson, where the flood stage is 12 feet, was 4.0, down 0.0 feet in the past 24 hours.
Brookhaven Fire Department
The Brookhaven Fire Department reports to a residential fire at 519 north Fourth Street. Firefighters arrived at approximately 9:43 p.m. and extinguished the fire. Firefighters cleared the scene at 11:39 p.m. No injuries were reported.
The Monticello Police Department reports no activity for Wednesday.
The Monticello Fire Department reports no activity for Wednesday.
The Lawrence County Sheriff’s Department reports no activity for Wednesday.
Copiah County Reports
The Wesson Police Department reports two speeding citations for Wednesday.
The Copiah County Sheriff’s Department reports no activity for Wednesday.
The Wesson Volunteer Fire Department reports to a two-car accident on I-55 southbound around mile marker 50. Firefighters arrived at approximately 8:27 p.m. and cleared the scene around 9:53 p.m. Injuries were reported.
Highway Patrol Reports
Mississippi Highway Patrol Troop M reports no activity for Wednesday.
King’s Daughters Ambulance Report
King’s Daughters Medical Center Ambulance Service had 17 calls Wednesday; five were transfers, with one to Pike County and four to Jackson. There were 12 emergency calls, with eight medical, six in the city and two in the county. There were four traumas in the county.
• Lotto: 03-05-11-22-26-38
Estimated jackpot: $350,000
• Powerball: 04-54-56-62-63-10.
Estimated jackpot: $110,000,000
Corrections and clarifications:
The DAILY LEADER tries to quickly and accurately correct any errors of fact that are brought to News Editor Julia V. Miller at 601-833-6961, ext. 637.
The Lincoln County Jail Docket for Wednesday was as follows:
• Christy Baker, 06-20-79, of 1022 Bennie Trail, Brookhaven – arrested for simple assault by Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office.
• Macy C. Bowman, 11-28-75, of 1022 Bennie Trail, Brookhaven – arrested for simple assault/attempt by physical means and simple assault/domestic violence by LCSO.
• Krishanna R. Harvey, 08-30-89, of 797 Highway 550 northwest, Brookhaven – arrested for MDOC house arrest violation by Mississippi Department of Corrections.
• Laprice C. Tillman, 07-30-91, of 300 Old Wesson Road, Brookhaven – arrested for contempt of court by Brookhaven Police Department.
• Qunetta Washington, 04-27-93, of 928 Old Brook Road, Brookhaven – arrested for contempt of court by BPD.
• Donny Wilson, 09-26-61, of 1150 Highway 472, Hazlehurst – arrested for possession or receiving of stolen property by BPD.
Note: An arrest does not constitute guilt for the accused. All individuals are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
The Brookhaven Police Department’s reports for Wednesday was as follows:
• Traffic accident on Union Street ext.
• Alarm on Dale Trail
• Disturbance on south Second Street
• Alarm on Brookway Boulevard
• Disturbance on Ash Street
• Trespassing on Brookhaven Street
• Public assist on Country Club Road
• Harassment on south Center Street
• Complainant on east Monticello Street
• Fight on Moak Street
• Theft on south Center Street
• Vehicle burglary on Avalon Avenue
• Traffic stop on Highway 51 north
• Suspicious vehicle on Crooked Lane
• Complainant on Williams Street
• Animal control on Hartman Street
• Alarm on Brignall Road
• Fight on Union Street ext.
• Complainant on Brookwood Drive
• Animal control on east Court Street
• Complainant on south Martin Luther King Jr. Drive
• Fight on south Center Street
• Suspicious person on south Church Street
• Stolen gun on Pritchard Street
• Alarm on Lane Bar Street
• Animal control on Old Wesson Road
• Traffic stop on Highway 51 south
• Complainant on west Monticello Street
• Traffic stop on east Court Street
• Traffic stop on Oakhill
• Problem with juvenile on west Chickasaw Street
• Complainant on Union Street ext.
• Traffic stop on Congress Swelm
• Traffic stop on Brookway Boulevard
• Clear welfare check on Magee Drive
• Suspicious activity on Broad Road
• Loud music on Cherry Street
• Missing property on Rance Drive
• Vehicular accident on Main Street
• Residence fire on north Fourth Street
• Loud music on Union Street
• Suspicious activity on east Chippewa Street
• Traffic stop on west Monticello Street
The Lincoln County Sheriff’s office reports for Wednesday was as follows:
• Unlock at 84 Chevron
• Repo on Loyd Star Lane
• Repo on Sammy Trail
• Unlock on East Lincoln Road
• Theft at Bogue Chitto Truck Stop
• Vandalism on Topisaw Drive
• Lost or stolen on Brookman Drive
• Lost or stolen on Margaret Avenue
• Lost or stolen on Chestnut Street
• Unlock at Mississippi Highway Patrol Troop M
• Extra Patrol on Old Highway 51
• Lost or stolen on Parker Drive
• Lost or stolen on Hesper Road
• Fire/Smoke alarm on west Cherokee Street
• Warrant service on Bennie Trail
• Repo on Homesville Road
• Unlock on east Lincoln Road
• Warrant service on Emmit Lane
• Suspicious vehicle on Highway 550
• Unlock on Dunn-Ratcliff Road
• Warrant service on Greenwood Lane
• Unlock at Gym of Dreams
• Suspicious person at Bogue Chitto School
• Unlock at Piggly Wiggly on Highway 51 north