Published 11:02 am Wednesday, November 4, 2015
The Brookhaven Police Department’s reports for Tuesday were as follows:
• Assault on Old Highway 51.
• Traffic stop on E. Congress Street.
• Sexual assault on W. Congress Street.
• Alarm on Howard Road.
• Public assist on Union Street.
• Theft on E. Chippewa Street.
• Vehicle burglary on Big Lane Drive.
• Alarm on Independence Street.
• Disturbance on Choctaw Street.
• Traffic accident on Industrial Park Road.
• Traffic stop on Brookway Boulevard.
• Extra patrol on Fisher Street.
• Meet complainant on Howard Road.
• Meet complainant on Howard Road.
• Embezzlement on Brookway Boulevard.
• Disturbance on N Church Street.
• Vehicle accident on Brookway Boulevard.
• Suspicious person E. Cherokee Street.
• Meet complainant on Highway 51.
• Harassment on Highway 51.
• Discharging firearm on S. Second Street.
• Intoxicated subject on Williams Street.
• Discharging firearm on Charlie Lane.
• Attempted burglary on Ann Street.
• Vehicle fire on E. Congress Street.
• Meet complainant on Main Street.
• Meet complainant on Wood Street.
• Suspicious person on N. Second Street.
• Theft on Brookman Drive.
• Alarm on Highway 84.
• Traffic stop on N. Church Street.
The Lincoln County Sheriff’s office reports for Monday were as follows:
• Medical assistance on New Sight Drive
• Vandalism at Enterprise School
• Unlock on Brookman Drive
• Fight on Monticello Street
• Unlock at State Bank/Brookway Boulevard
• Suspicious person on Allen Road
• Unlock at Wal-Mart Parking Lot
• Traffic accident on Highway 583
• Unlock on north Jackson Street
• Alarm on Monticello Street
• Unlock on Beacon Loop
• Unlock on Rucks Lane
• Suspicious vehicle on Caleb Drive
• Suspicious vehicle on East Lincoln Road
• Suspicious person on Jackson-Liberty Drive/McCall Creek
The Lincoln County Jail Docket for Monday was as follows:
• Jimmy W. Douglas, 09-30-82, of 2302 Misty Lane, Bogue Chitto — arrested for court order by Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office.
• Dekameron Hayes, 01-30-84, of 1134 Puffer Road, Fayette — arrested for shoplifting by Brookhaven Police Department.
• Josh L. Holifield, 08-01-97, of 404 Litel Place, Brookhaven — arrested for sexual battery by BPD.
• Deantwaine T. Robinson, 08-14-97, of 1914 Earls Trail, Brookhaven — arrested for possession of marijuana in motor vehicle by BPD.
• Dante D. Winston, 12-03-93, of 1021 South First St. Apt. A, Brookhaven — arrested for possession of a controlled substance by BPD.
Note: An arrest does not constitute guilt for the accused. All individuals are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Local weather stats
The Wastewater Treatment Facility in Brookhaven reported a high of 71 and a low of 65. The temperature at 7:30 a.m. today stood at 66 degrees. There was no precipitation.
On Monday, April 14, the Mississippi River stage at Vicksburg, where the flood stage is 43 feet, stood at 6.8, down 0.2. In Natchez, where the flood stage is 48 feet, it stood at 15.4 feet, down 0.4 in the past 24 hours. The Pearl River stage at Jackson, where the flood stage is 28 feet, was 3.5, down 0.1.
The Brookhaven Fire Department responded to a call at 9:01 p.m. Tuesday at 510 E Congress Street for a truck fire. Firefighters returned to the station at 9:22 p.m.
Copiah County Reports
The Wesson Police Department reports two stop sign citations.
Mississippi Highway Patrol Report
The Mississippi Highway Patrol Troop M responded to a one-vehicle accident Tuesday at 7:47 p.m. at Callendar and Smith Lake roads. There were no injuries.
King’s Daughters Medical Center Ambulance Service reports 15 calls with three transfers, two to Jackson and one to McComb. There were 12 emergency calls with 10 medical, seven in the city and three in the county. There was one trauma in the city, and there was one motor vehicle accident in the county.