Published 11:10 am Thursday, November 5, 2015
The Brookhaven Police Department’s reports for Wednesday were as follows:
• Residential burglary on Union Street
• Public assist on Highway 51 north
• Alarm on East Monticello Street
• Alarm on Brookway Boulevard
• Theft on East Chippewa Street
• Suspicious person Avenue A
• Public assist on Lipsey Street
• Traffic stop on South First Street
• Traffic stop on Brookway Boulevard
• Threats on Ellis Road
• Suspicious person on East Monticello Street
• Suspicious person on Union Church Road
• Theft on Brookway Boulevard
• Suspicious person on Martin Luther King Jr. Drive
• Suspicious persons on Brookway Boulevard
• Public assist on Brookway Boulevard
• Suspicious vehicle on North Jackson Street
• Suspicious vehicle on Brookway Boulevard
• Warrant check on West Monticello Street
• Found property on West Court Street
• Gambling on Union Street
• Disturbance on South Whitworth Avenue
• Alarm on Storm Avenue
• Vehicular accident on Brookway Boulevard
• Public assist on Brookman Drive
• Disturbance on Smith Lake Road
• Alarm on Highway 51 North
• Extra patrol on East Congress Street
• Discharging firearm on Williams Street
The Lincoln County Sheriff’s office reports for Tuesday were as follows:
• Lost or stolen on Fresno Lane
• Burglary on Mt. Zion Road
• Burglary on Lee Drive
• Theft on Newell Road
• Burglar alarm on Hunters Road
• Unlock at Lincoln County Baptist Association
• Suspicious vehicle on Kimbles Trail
• Unlock on Old Wesson Road
• Prowler on Harmony Drive
• Theft on I-55 Northbound exit 48
• Suspicious vehicle on Johnson Grove Road
The Lincoln County Jail Docket for Tuesday was as follows:
• Josh. L. Holifield, 08-01-97, of 404 Litel Place, Brookhaven — arrested for statutory rape by Brookhaven Police Department.
• Deantwaine T. Robinson, 08-14-97, of 1914n Earls Trail, Brookhaven — arrested for possession of marijuana in a motor vehicle by BPD.
• Billy J. Smith, 10-09-78, of 225 North Church St., Brookhaven — arrested for failure to comply with request by BPD.
• Chelsea Thadison, 06-17-93, of 219 Madison Road, Brookhaven — arrested for embezzlement by BPD.
• Jared Vaughn, 11-02-95, of 2862 JJ Lane, Wesson — arrested for probation violation by Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office.
• Dante D. Winston, 12-03-93, of 1021 South First St. Apt. A, Brookhaven — arrested for possession of a controlled substance by BPD.
• Kenswalia K. Bridges, 12-11-95, of 1127 Railroad Avenue, Georgetown — arrested for burglary of a dwelling (house) by BPD.
• Latorrie D. Bridges, 10-09-92, of 1096 Drygrove Road, Crystal Springs — arrested for armed robbery and burglary of a dwelling (house) by BPD.
Note: An arrest does not constitute guilt for the accused. All individuals are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Local weather stats
The Wastewater Treatment Facility in Brookhaven reported a high of 75 degrees for Wednesday and a low of 57. The temperature at 7:30 a.m. Thursday was 58 degrees. There was 0.0 inches of precipitation.
On Wednesday the Mississippi River stage at Vicksburg, where the flood stage is 43 feet, was 9.6, up 0.7 feet in the past 24 hours. In Natchez, where the flood stage is 48 feet, was 17.4, up 0.7 feet in the past 24 hours. The Pearl River stage at Jackson, where the flood stage is 12 feet, was 11.0, up 0.6 feet in the past 24 hours.
The Brookhaven Fire Department reported a false alarm at Wal-Mart Wednesday. Firefighters responded at approximately 7:30 p.m. and returned to the station around 8:10 p.m.
King’s Daughters Medical Center Ambulance Service had 17 calls Wednesday; four were transfers, with one to Pike County, one to Hancock County and two to Jackson. There were 13 emergency calls, with seven medical, one in the city and six in the county. There were three traumas, two in the city and one in the county. There were three motor vehicle accidents in the county.
• Lotto: 01-06-11-17-30-34
• Estimated jackpot: $400,000
• Powerball: 02-12-17-20-65-17.
• Estimated jackpot: $144,100,000