Published 10:06 am Thursday, November 12, 2015
The Brookhaven Police Department’s reports for Wednesday were as follows:
• Traffic stop on north Martin Luther King Jr. Drive
• Complainant on Union Church Road.
• Public assist on east Cherokee Street
• Prowler on Brignall Road
• Suspicious person on south First Street
• Traffic stop on Natchez Avenue
• Complainant on Brookway Boulevard
• Traffic accident on Highway 51 north
• Improperly parked vehicle on Brookway Boulevard
• Problem with juvenile on Union Street ext.
• Traffic accident on Stribling Road
• Traffic stop on east Congress Street
• Traffic stop on Martin Luther King Jr. Drive
• Disturbance on Tanglewood Drive
• Traffic stop on south First Street/Enterprise
• Traffic stop on Zetus Road
• Fight on Old Wesson Road
• Vandalism on north Jackson Street
• Traffic stop on Congress Street
• Public assist on south Washington Street
• Traffic stop on Railroad/Monticello
• Alarm on Furr Avenue
• Suspicious activity on Brignall activity
• Traffic stop on Brookway Boulevard
• Shooting on Brookway Boulevard
• Public assist on I-55 northbound
• Armed robbery on west Cherokee Street
• Public assist on Poplar Street
The Lincoln County Sheriff’s office reports for Tuesday were as follows:
• Livestock on road on Montgomery Road
• Theft on Lott Smith Road
• Suspicious vehicle on Jackson-Liberty Drive
• Medical assistance on Somerset Road
• Unlock at Bogue Chitto Dollar General
• Unlock at Piggly Wiggly on 51
• Direct traffic on Arlington/Auburn
• Medical assistance on Highway 84/Goodwill Loop
• Unlock at Walgreens
• Burglary on Pleasant Hill Drive
• Burglar alarm on east Lincoln Drive
• Burglar alarm on Venice Trail
• Repo on Dillon Trail
The Lincoln County Jail Docket for Tuesday was as follows:
• Jazmine M. Felder, 10-31-91, of 900 Williams St. Apt. #85, Brookhaven — arrested for probation violation by Brookhaven Police Department.
• Gary J. Smith, 01-08-85, of 1583 West Lincoln Drive Southwest, Brookhaven — arrested for public drunk by Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office.
• Thomas J. Felder, 11-01-75, of 410 South Whitworth Avenue, Brookhaven — arrested for shoplifting, simple assault and probation violation by BPD.
Note: An arrest does not constitute guilt for the accused. All individuals are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Local weather stats
The Wastewater Treatment Facility in Brookhaven reported a high of 78 degrees for Wednesday and a low of 56. The temperature at 7:30 a.m. Thursday was 56 degrees. There was .11 inches of precipitation.
On Wednesday the Mississippi River stage at Vicksburg, where the flood stage is 43 feet, was 13.1, down 0.5 feet in the past 24 hours. In Natchez, where the flood stage is 48 feet, was 21.8, down 0.1 feet in the past 24 hours. The Pearl River stage at Jackson, where the flood stage is 12 feet, was 10.6, up 1.5 feet in the past 24 hours.
Copiah County Reports
The Wesson Police Department reports one speeding ticket for Wednesday.
Highway Patrol Reports
Mississippi Highway Patrol Troop M reported a one-vehicle car accident on I-55 northbound at mile marker 27 at 12 a.m. Wednesday. No injuries were reported. Highway Patrol reported another car accident at 7:22 a.m. Wednesday on Highway 550. The incident involved two vehicles and no injuries were reported. At 12:50 p.m. there was a hit and run on Highway 51 north of Old St. John. No injuries were reported.
King’s Daughters Medical Center Ambulance Service had 15 calls Wednesday; two were transfers, with two to Jackson. There were 13 emergency calls, with 10 medical, five in the city and five in the county. There were three traumas two in the city and one in the county.
• Lotto: 01-28-29-31-32-37
• Estimated jackpot: $450,000
• Powerball: 04-26-32-55-64-18.
• Estimated jackpot: $50,000,000
The DAILY LEADER tries to quickly and accurately correct any errors of fact that are brought to News Editor Julia Miller at 601-265-5303.