Published 10:42 am Thursday, November 19, 2015
The Brookhaven Police Department’s reports for Wednesday were as follows:
• Road hazard/debris on Melanie Lane
• Theft on Brookway Boulevard
• Public assist on Highway 51 North
• Alarm on Highway 51 North
• Animal control on South Center Street
• Vandalism on Bayberry Street
• Warrant check on Highway 51 North
• Alarm on Industrial Park Road
• Counterfeit money on Highway 51 South
• Suspicious person on Main Street
• Theft/drive off on Brookway Boulevard
• Animal control on Silver Cross Drive
• Fight on north Church Street
• Suspicious activity on Brookway Boulevard
• Ambulance assist on Union Street ext.
• Public assist on Industrial Park Road
• Complainant on East Monticello Street
• Disturbance on East Independence Street
• Traffic stop on North Court Street
• Problem with juvenile on east Chickasaw Street
• Traffic stop on East Monticello Street
• Fraud on Brookway Boulevard
• Traffic stop on Highway 51 south
• Harassment on South First Street
• Traffic stop on West Congress Street
• Suspicious person on North Fifth Street
• Suspicious person on West Congress Street
• Road hazard/debris on Highway 84 east
• Traffic stop on Highway 550
• Traffic stop on Washington Street
• Disturbance on Ash Street
• Traffic stop on Brookway Boulevard
• Traffic stop on Highway 51 north
• Traffic stop on Industrial Park Road
• Disturbance on Broad Road
The Lincoln County Sheriff’s office reports for Tuesday were as follows:
• Traffic accident on California Road
• Vandalism on Lucky Lane
• Direct traffic on Brumfield Road
• Direct traffic on West Lincoln Drive
• Burglar alarm on Mt. Zion Road
• Alarm on River Road Drive
• Alarm on Monticello Street
• Unlock at OEC
• Suspicious person on Mallalieu Drive
• Disturbance on Highway 550
• Traffic accident on Callender Road/Smith Lake Road
• Burglar alarm on Crawford Lane
• Burglary on Newman Trail
• Grass fire on Bahalia Road/Mound Road
• Unlock on Portman Trail
• Panic alarm on River Road Drive
The Lincoln County Jail Docket for Wednesday was as follows:
• Champaign Wall, 01-05-94, of 165 Cedar St., Brookhaven — arrested for contempt of court by Brookhaven Police Department.
Note: An arrest does not constitute guilt for the accused. All individuals are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Local weather stats
The Wastewater Treatment Facility in Brookhaven reported a high of 67 degrees for Wednesday and a low of 45. The temperature at 7:30 a.m. Thursday was 45 degrees. There was 0.0 inches of precipitation.
On Wednesday the Mississippi River stage at Vicksburg, where the flood stage is 43 feet, was 12.4, up 0.7 feet in the past 24 hours. In Natchez, where the flood stage is 48 feet, was 20.9, down 0.0 feet in the past 24 hours. The Pearl River stage at Jackson, where the flood stage is 12 feet, was 9.7, down 0.2 feet in the past 24 hours.
King’s Daughters Ambulance Report
King’s Daughters Medical Center Ambulance Service had eight calls Wednesday; three were transfers, with one to the city and two to Jackson. There were five medical, two in the city and three in the county.
• Lotto: 02-10-13-19-20-24
• Estimated jackpot: $250,000
• Powerball: 17-40-41-46-69-06.
• Estimated jackpot: $70,000,000
In Wednesday’s “Library to hold 2 events to prepare for holiday season,” it should have said that the Reading on the Road program will be held on Thursday, Dec. 3.
The DAILY LEADER tries to quickly and accurately correct any errors of fact that are brought to News Editor Julia Miller at 601-265-5303.