Published 11:37 am Tuesday, November 24, 2015
The Brookhaven Police Department’s reports for the weekend and Monday were as follows:
• Disturbance on Brookway Boulevard
• Traffic stop on South First Street
• Traffic stop on West Chickasaw Street
• Suspicious person on Highway 51 north
• Traffic stop on Brookway Boulevard
• Traffic stop on Old Brook Road
• Attempted burglary on Brookway Boulevard
• Loud music on Furr Avenue
• Alarm on West Court Street
• Missing person on West Chickasaw Street
• Alarm on East Monticello Street
• Public assist on Brookway Boulevard
• Unlock on Brookway Boulevard
• Shoplifter on Highway 51 North
• Suspicious activity on Greenview Trail
• Warrant check on Brookway Boulevard
• Traffic accident on Brookway Boulevard
• Traffic stop on East Monticello Street
• Public assist on Rogers Circle
• Alarm on Industrial Park Road
• Traffic stop on Old Highway 51
• Traffic stop on Henry Myers Street
• Alarm on Highway 51 North
• Alarm on South Washington Street
• Traffic stop on West Monticello Street
• Disturbance on Williams Street
• Shoplifter on Brookway Boulevard
• Suspicious person on Highway 51 North
• Assault on Highway 51 north
• Traffic accident on south Railroad Avenue
• Suspicious activity on Furr Avenue
• Traffic accident on Brookway Boulevard ext.
• Disturbance on Bryant Street
• Disturbance on Monticello Street
• Disturbance on Fred Walley Drive
• Hit and run accident on Larkspur Street
• Alarm on Magee Drive
• Traffic stop on Highway 51 south
• Alarm on Ash Street
• Found property on Big Lane
• Traffic stop on County Farm Lane
• Alarm on East Cherokee Street
• Traffic stop on East Manufacturers Boulevard
• Assault/domestic violence on Robinson
• Traffic stop on New Site
• Public assist on Robertson Street
• Traffic stop on Dale Trail
• Traffic stop on Denham Lane
• Traffic stop on East Cherokee Street
• Attempted suicide
• Theft/drive off on Brookway Boulevard
• Prowler on West Congress Street
• Fraud on Dale Trail
• Vandalism on Old Wesson Road
• Shoplifter on North Jackson Street
• Traffic accident on North Jackson Street
• Vehicle fire on North Church Street
• Public assist on Hillcrest Drive
• Traffic stop on Industrial Park Road
• Animal control on West Congress Street
• Theft on Noble Drive
• Traffic accident on Highway 84 East
• Traffic stop on East Court Street
• Traffic stop on Highway 51 North
• Alarm on Barksdale Street
• Suspicious person on Brookway Boulevard
The Lincoln County Sheriff’s office reports for the weekend were as follows:
• Suspicious vehicle on Pleasant Grove Drive
• Unlock at State Bank on Boulevard
• Unlock at Wal-Mart Distribution
• Burglar alarm on Stancil Drive
• Intoxicated subject on Highway 583/Enterprise Drive Inn
• Lost or stolen on Highway 51 North
• Theft at Dollar General/East Lincoln
• Unlock at Lincoln Inn and Suites
• Suspicious vehicle at Super Jack/Reeds Metals Area
• Suspicious person on I-55 Northbound mile marker 41
• Suspicious person on Mt. Pleasant Lane
• Warrant service on Dale Trail
• Burglar alarm on James Drive
• Suspicious vehicle on Auburn/King Trail
• Burglar alarm on Nola Road
• Suspicious vehicle on Summit Drive
• Suspicious vehicle on Pricedale Drive
• Unlock at America’s Best Inn
• Suspicious vehicle on Calvary Drive
• Panic alarm Fox Road
• Burglar alarm on Gleenwood Road
• Suspicious vehicle on Old Highway 51
• Traffic accident on Auburn Drive
• Arrest on Old Highway 51
• Traffic accident at Dollar General
• Unlock at Lincoln Apts.
• Drag racing on Old Red Star/Newell Road
• Improperly parked vehicle at Caseyville Store
• Disturbance on Dandelion Lane
• Panic alarm on California Road
• Livestock on road on Nola Road
• Unlock on Highway 550
• Vandalism of vehicle on Jackson-Liberty Drive
• Unlock on Old Wesson Road
• Suspicious person on Old Red Star Drive
• Traffic accident at Heucks Retreat Baptist Church
• Fire/structure on Dogwood Trail
• Unlock on Jackson-Liberty Drive
• Unlock on Noble Drive
The Lincoln County Jail Docket for the weekend was as follows:
• Clayton Goza, 04-28-97, of 719 Brookwood Drive, Brookhaven — arrested for burglary — all but dwelling by Brookhaven Police Department.
• Larry Lambert, 07-17-63, of 545 Givens Mullins Road, Monticello — arrested for one felony count of possession of a controlled substance and two misdemeanor counts of possession of a controlled substance by Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office.
• Dennis R. Norwood, 03-22-56, of 3075 D.P. Guy Road, Ruth — arrested for first offense DUI and disorderly conduct/breach of peace by LCSO.
• Maurice A. Perkins, 07-13-80, of 801 East Washington St., Brookhaven — arrested for first offense DUI, careless driving and possession of marijuana in motor vehicle by BPD.
• Justin D. Pruden, 02-06-83, of 1873 North Beacon Loop, Brookhaven — arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance by LCSO.
• Calvin Smith, 12-13-89, of 633 South First St., Brookhaven — arrested for possession of a controlled substance, disorderly conduct/breach of peace, driving while license is suspended, no proof of liable insurance and speeding by Mississippi Highway Patrol.
• Jameal D. Smith, 02-25-93, of 424 A. Liberty St., Brookhaven — arrested for failure to comply with request by BPD.
• Catherine D. Tillman, 08-05-56, of 710 Penn St., Brookhaven — arrested for holding for investigations by BPD.
• Christopher J. Cook, 11-01-78, of 231 Rogers Circle, Brookhaven — arrested for contempt of court, probation violation and possession of a controlled substance by LCSO.
• Ashley L. Gross, 11-27-83, of 1403 North Church St., Brookhaven — arrested for public drunkenness by BPD.
• Levi D. Lee, 11-24-90, of 28 Killingsworth Road, New Hebron — arrested for DUI — third or subsequent conviction, possession of beer in dry county, driving while license is suspended and disregard of traffic device by LCSO.
• Rena Stevensons, 04-18-76, of 534 Washington St., Brookhaven — arrested for public profanity by BPD.
• Lattrick Williams, 03-13-93, of 2189 Holmesville Road, Summit — arrested for aggravated assault and resisting arrest by BPD.
• Treves M. Bates, 11-26-76, of 310 Ash St. Apt. B, Brookhaven — arrested for aggravated assault and simple assault by BPD.
• Randy L. Boyd, 08-23-96, of 3400 Pleasant Grove Road, Ruth — arrested for possession of beer in dry county by LCSO.
• Preston R. Mann, 07-25-83, of 117 West Cherokee St., Brookhaven — arrested for probation violation by Mississippi Department of Corrections.
• Colton B. Smith, 03-14-96, of 975 Auburn Drive, Bogue Chitto — possession of open beer by LCSO.
Note: An arrest does not constitute guilt for the accused. All individuals are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Local weather stats
The Wastewater Treatment Facility in Brookhaven reported a high of 60 degrees for Monday and a low of 28. The temperature at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday was 36 degrees. There was 0.0 inches of precipitation.
On Monday the Mississippi River stage at Vicksburg, where the flood stage is 43 feet, was 20.4, up 0.9 feet in the past 24 hours. In Natchez, where the flood stage is 48 feet, was 27.6 up 1.9 feet in the past 24 hours. The Pearl River stage at Jackson, where the flood stage is 12 feet, was 13.7, up 5.0 feet in the past 24 hours.
The Brookhaven Fire Department reported a car fire on the corner of Congress and First Street. Firefighters responded to the incident at 12º p.m. and returned to the station at 12:10 p.m.
Copiah County Reports
The Wesson Police Department reported one speeding ticket and one careless driving ticket.
The Wesson Volunteer Fire Department reported a car accident with injuries on Stegall Road. Firefighters responded the accident at 6:45 p.m. and cleared the scene at 7:23 p.m. Firefighters also responded to a possible vehicle fire on I-55. Firefighters left the station at 9:47 p.m. and returned at 10:11 p.m.
Highway Patrol Reports
Mississippi Highway Patrol Troop M reported a one-vehicle car accident with injuries, Monday on Highway 550 by the new general store. Highway Patrol reported another one-vehicle accident on Highway 51 with no injuries.
• Lotto: 05-11-13-14-35-38
• Estimated jackpot: $275,000
• Powerball: 37-47-50-52-57-21.
• Estimated jackpot: $80,000,000
Corrections and clarifications
The DAILY LEADER tries to quickly and accurately correct any errors of fact that are brought to News Editor Julia Miller at 601-265-5303.