Published 10:52 am Thursday, December 10, 2015
The Brookhaven Police Department’s reports for Wednesday were as follows:
• Vehicle burglary on McNair Avenue
• Alarm on Myra Street
• Theft on Brookway Boulevard
• Suspicious vehicle on Ozark Lane
• Residence fire on Oil Services Lane
• Traffic stop on Natchez Avenue
• Missing person on Brookway Boulevard
• Traffic accident on Highway 51 South
• Public assist on Union Street
• Public assist on Brignall Road
• Traffic accident on South Jackson Street
• Fire on Union Street ext.
• Public assist on Mockingbird Drive
• Suspicious activity on Old Brook Road
• Trespassing on Brookway Boulevard
• Stolen vehicle on Highway 51 North
• Robbery on South Cleveland Avenue
• Alarm on West Congress Street
• Suspicious person on Poplar Street
• Traffic stop on South First Street
• Alarm on Brookway Boulevard
• Found property on Highway 51 South
• Road hazard/vehicle on Beltline Drive
• Hit and run accident on South First Street
• Disturbance on Highway 51 North
• Traffic stop on Brookway Boulevard
• Intoxicated driver on West Monticello Street
• Traffic stop on Highway 51 North
• Traffic stop on Union Church Road
• Alarm on Big Lane Drive
• Disturbance on Amite Road
• Traffic stop on Independence Street
• Theft on Brookman Drive
• Public assist on Halbert Heights Road
• Suspicious activity on Crider Lane
The Lincoln County Sheriff’s office reports for Tuesday were as follows:
• Panic alarm on Highway 98
• Traffic accident on Mallalieu Drive
• Lost or stolen on Natchez Avenue
• Unlock at Piggly Wiggly/ Monticello Street
• Unlock at Factory Connection
• Unlock at Piggly Wiggly/ Highway 51
• Lost or stolen on Topisaw Drive
• Unlock at Brookhaven High School
• Unlock on Lipsey Street
• Unlock at Lincoln residential
• Unlock at Broma’s Deli
• Unlock at Entergy
• Unlock at Hibbet Sports
• Suspicious vehicle on Hog Chain/Pricedale Drive
• Intoxicated driver on Old Malcum/McDavid Lane
• Prowler on Summit Drive
• Suspicious vehicle on Auburn Drive
• Prowler on Monticello Street
The Lincoln County Jail Docket for Tuesday was as follows:
• Dustin C. Allen, 09-15-83, of 300 Old Wesson Road, Brookhaven — arrested for shoplifting by Brookhaven Police Department.
• Laura D. Davis, 01-06-85, of 912 Hawk Trail, Brookhaven — arrested for contempt of court by BPD.
• Stephen Newton, 01-23-69, of 621 Egypt Circle, Brookhaven — arrested for disorderly conduct/breach of peace by BPD.
• Christopher J. Portery, 08-22-79, of 3061 NW Pearlie Drive — arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance by Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office.
Note: An arrest does not constitute guilt for the accused. All individuals are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
The Brookhaven Fire Department repored a fatal car accident early Thursday morning.
Copiah County Reports
The Wesson Police Department reports to two speeding citations Wednesday
Highway Patrol Reports
Mississippi Highway Patrol Troop M reported a fatal car accident in Jefferson County around 2:20 p.m. Wednesday.
King’s Daughters Ambulance Report
King’s Daughters Medical Center Ambulance Service had 12 calls Wednesday; three were transfers, with one to McComb and two to Jackson. There were nine emergency calls, with seven medical, four in the city and three in the county. There were two traumas in the city.
Local weather stats
The Wastewater Treatment Facility in Brookhaven reported a high of 72 degrees for Wednesday and a low of 46. The temperature at 7:30 a.m. Thursday was 49 degrees. There was 0.0 inches of precipitation.
On Wednesday the Mississippi River stage at Vicksburg, where the flood stage is 43 feet, was 35.8, up 0.8 feet in the past 24 hours. In Natchez, where the flood stage is 48 feet, was 42.5, up 0.7 feet in the past 24 hours. The Pearl River stage at Jackson, where the flood stage is 12 feet, was 8.1, down 0.2 feet in the past 24 hours.