The Lincoln County Sheriff’s office reports for the weekend were as follows:
• Burglar alarm on Highway 51
• Burglar alarm on Mt. Zion Road
• Traffic accident on Heucks Retreat Road
• Panic alarm on River Road Drive
• Burglary on Highway 583
• Burglary on Primitive Drive
• Suspicious person on Dade Lane
• Suspicious person on East Lincoln Road
• Suspicious person vehicle at Dollar General/Highway 550
• Medical assistance on Apricot Lane
• Traffic accident on Bracey Trail/Bogue Chitto Road
• Traffic accident on Summit Drive/Montgomery Road
• Burglar alarm on Nola Road
• Suspicious person on Old Highway 84 West
• Fight on Leighton Lane
• Suspicious vehicle on Ballard Lane
• Traffic accident on Mt. Zion Road
• Traffic accident on Lake Lincoln Drive
• Alarm/fire/smoke on Cold Springs Lane
• Theft on New Sight Drive
• Suspicious vehicle on Highway 51/Bogue Chitto Road
• Burglar alarm on Bogue Chitto Road
• Suspicious person at Calvary Church
• Traffic accident on Furrs Mill Drive/Heucks Retreat
• Disturbance on Hilltop Lane
• Suspicious person on Jackson-Liberty Drive
• Suspicious person on George Trail
• Suspicious vehicle on Zetus Road
• Suspicious vehicle on Lee Drive/Dalehart Trail
• Improperly parked vehicle on Furr Mill/Lake Lincoln
• Disturbance on Highway 583
• Suspicious vehicle on Progress Trail
• Intoxicated driver on Highway 51/Brister Street
• Disturbance/loud music on Lannys Lane/California
• Burglar alarm on Duncan Trail
• Traffic accident on LinFrank Line Drive
• Suspicious person on Old Church Drive
• Panic alarm on Wesland Lane
• Disturbance on Lake Lincoln Drive
• Missing adult on Pleasant Ridge Road
• Burglar alarm on Leighton Lane
• Vandalism on Mission Hill Road
• Panic alarm on James Drive
• Suspicious vehicle on Highway 583
• Suspicious vehicle on Dunn-Ratcliff Road
• Burglar alarm on Highway 84 West
The Lincoln County Jail Docket for the weekend was as follows:
• Ruby J. Fields, 09-29-54, of 1570 Coopertown Road, Brookhaven — arrested for shoplifting by Brookhaven Police Department.
• Derek V. Hodges, 12-08-73, of 2122 N. LaBrister, Summit — arrested for first offense DUI, speeding, and no proof of liability insurance by Mississippi Highway Patrol.
• Rustin Watts, 06-10-77, of 945 Auburn Drive, Bogue Chitto — arrested for indictment by Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office.
• Chad W. Furr, 08-23-72, of 3100 Bahalia Road, Wesson — arrested for contempt of court by LCSO.
• Marionne S. Keys, 02-02-98, of 160 Heucks Retreat, Brookhaven — arrested for conspiracy to robbery and conspiracy to murder by BPD.
• Maurice Wall, 01-16-84, of 1504 Allman Trail SW, Bogue Chitto — arrested for DUI/refused test, public profanity and possession of beer in a dry county by LCSO.
• Lafredrick Collins, 06-02-92, of 102 East Side Circle, Hazlehurst — arrested for serving weekends by LCSO.
• Jessica M. Lofton, 07-16-90, of 1040 California Road, Brookhaven — arrested for serving weekends by LCSO.
• Edward P. Roberson, 12-19-82, of 329 West Chippewa St., Brookhaven — arrested for disturbing the peace by BPD.
• Roger D. Scarbough, 11-05-59, of 1655 Coopertown Road, Brookhaven — arrested for driving while license is suspended, first offense DUI and improper use of headlights by BPD.
• Larae S. Smith, 04-14-89, of 211 St. Augustine, McComb — arrested for public drunkenness by BPD.
• Sidney Cutrer, 09-24-59, 569 East Highway 44 East, Jayess — arrested for possession of an open beer by BPD.
• Ashley N. Lane, 09-25-85, of 1040 Highway 550, Brookhaven — arrested for disorderly conduct/breach of peace and shoplifting by BPD.
• Candice Maxwell, 06-18-81, of 368 Carmel New Hope Road, Jayess — arrested for possession of a controlled substance, no drivers license (expired), possession of an open beer and first offense DUI by BPD.
• Stephanie R. McCormick, 11-29-81, of 1533 Clyde Trail, Brookhaven — arrested for possession of an open beer by BPD.
• William K. Miller, 12-14-76, of 206 Avenue A, Brookhaven — arrested for driving while license is suspended, failure to yield/stop to blue light and sale of a controlled substance by MHP.
• Julian Simmons, 08-15-78, of 1893 SE Highway 583, Bogue Chitto — arrested for simple assault/domestic violence by LCSO.
• Amanda Wallace, 07-09-82, of 1893 SE Highway 583, Bogue Chitto — arrested for simple assault by LCSO.
• Shaun D. Young, 01-25-86, of 1910 Palmetto Trail, Brookhaven — arrested for possession of an open beer by BPD.
• Kenneth R. Baggett, 02-28-82, of 2471 NE Lake Lincoln Drive, Brookhaven — arrested for simple assault/domestic violence by LCSO.
• Dustin Hall, 02-03-97, of 298 NW Cannon Trail, Bogue Chitto — arrested for possession of marijuana in motor vehicle, possession of drug paraphernalia, disturbing the peace, first offense DUI and no seatbelt by BPD.
• Zandra S. Nelson, 01-22-88, of 2791 East James Drive, Brookhaven — arrested for possession of an open beer and driving while license is suspended by BPD.
• Ryan Debord, 06-25-82, of 1312 Crawford Lane, Bogue Chitto — arrested for possession of a controlled substance and possession of a weapon by a convicted felon by BPD.
• Alice J. Kelly, 07-26-60, of 1224 Union St., Brookhaven — arrested for DUI/refused test, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of an open beer by BPD.
• Alissa N. Wallace, 09-18-92, of 3155 Wallace Drive, Bogue Chitto — arrested for possession of a controlled substance.
Note: An arrest does not constitute guilt for the accused. All individuals are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Highway Patrol Reports
Mississippi Highway Patrol Troop M reported Saturday a two-vehicle car accident with injuries on I-55 Southbound. The incident occurred at 8:23 p.m. near mile marker 34. At 10:19 p.m. a single car accident with no injuries occurred on Highway 51. For Sunday, Mississippi Highway Patrol reported an over-turned vehicle on Highway 583 at Bogue Chitto Road at 12:49 a.m. Injuries were reported. At 4 a.m. Sunday morning, Highway patrol reported a single car accident on I-55 Northbound, south of exit 30. No injuries were reported. Mississippi Highway Patrol reported Monday a single car accident at 7:20 a.m. The vehicle hit a deer on Highway 84 East bound, west of Fern Lane. No injuries were reported.
King’s Daughters Ambulance Report
King’s Daughters Medical Center Ambulance Service had 11 calls Monday; two were transfers, with one to Jackson and one to Southwest. There were nine emergency calls, with eight medical, six in the city and two in the county. There was one trauma in the city.
Local weather stats
The Wastewater Treatment Facility in Brookhaven reported a high of 60 degrees for Monday and a low of 38. The temperature at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday was 38 degrees. There was 0.0 inches of precipitation.
On Monday the Mississippi River stage at Vicksburg, where the flood stage is 43 feet, was 36.6, up 0.7 feet in the past 24 hours. In Natchez, where the flood stage is 48 feet, was 44.2, up 0.4 feet in the past 24 hours. The Pearl River stage at Jackson, where the flood stage is 12 feet, was 14.6, up 0.5 feet in the past 24 hours.
The Brookhaven Fire Department reported a house fire Monday on Washington Avenue. Firefighters responded to the call at 6:02 a.m. and cleared the scene at 9:59 a.m.
Corrections and clarifications
The DAILY LEADER tries to quickly and accurately correct any errors of fact that are brought to News Editor Julia Miller at 601-265-5303.
A caption with a photograph published Sunday about a fatal shooting in Brookhaven described it as drug-related. There is no mention of drugs in the police incident report. We regret the error and are happy to set the record straight.