Indictments served for shooting, molestation
Indictments are being served from the most recent Lincoln County grand jury session in February. On Monday, indictments for gun and shooting crimes were served.
Lattrick D. Williams
Lattrick D. Williams, 23, of 2189 Holmesville Road, Summit, was served indictments on Monday. Williams was indicted for drive-by shooting and shooting into a motor vehicle, as well as unlawful possession of less than 30 grams of marijuana with intent to distribute and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Williams’ indictment alleges that on or about Nov. 2, 2015, Williams attempted to cause bodily injury to one Marvin Monley Jr. by discharging a firearm in the direction of Monley while Williams was in a motor vehicle. The second count of the indictment states that also on Nov. 2, Williams shot into a Chevy pickup truck registered to Earlean Jackson.
Benjamin D. Nelson
Benjamin D. Nelson, 23, was indicted Feb. 26 on three counts of touching, handling etc. a child for lustful purposes.
Nelson was arrested Oct. 17, 2015 for probation violation and touching a child for lustful purposes after he was allegedly caught in the act.
Brookhaven Police Chief Bobby Bell said BPD received a call at 6:42 a.m. Oct. 17 that alleged a Nelson had intercourse with a child, age 16.
Nelson, of 635 Industrial Park Road Lot No. 39, was arrested later that day.
His indictment states that there was an incident on Sept. 5, 2015 and two more on Oct. 17.
Nelson is in Lincoln County Jail with a $15,000 bond amount.
LCSO serves indictments
The Lincoln County Sheriff’s Department, in coordination with the District Attorney’s office, has served several indictments from the most recent grand jury session. Included are indictments for burglary, petty larceny, armed robbery and malicious mischief.
When the grand jury agrees the evidence is sufficient to establish the commission of a crime, it returns an indictment endorsed by the grand jury foreman with the phrase “true bill” to indicate the information presented is sufficient to justify the trial of the suspect.
The following indictments have been served:
• Desmond J. Williams for armed robbery and conspiracy to commit armed robbery.
• Charles Williams, Jr. for malicious mischief.
• Deishonaye Lemeshia Nelson for conspiracy to commit felonious shoplifting and embezzlement.
• Nicholas J. Newman for conspiracy to commit burglary of a building and burglary of a building.
• James Cody Cannon for petty larceny and credit card (fraud).
• Thomas Gerale Johnson for burglary of an automobile.
• Thomas Ray Manning for burglary of an automobile and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
• Christopher Hamilton for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
• Robert E. Laird for receiving stolen property.
• Anthony Knox III for burglary of an automobile.
•Troy A. Dupre for conspiracy to commit burglary of a building and burglary of a building.
• Tiffany M. Mitchell for conspiracy to commit burglary of a building and burglary of a building.