Lincoln County man pleads guilty to sex act
A Lincoln County man who pleaded guilty to unnatural intercourse with a farm animal was recently sentenced to serve three years with the Mississippi Department of Corrections.
Lincoln County Circuit Judge David Strong during a court session recently sentenced Leroy Taylor, 43, of NE Smith Lake Road, to 10 years in MDOC custody with seven years suspended, three years to serve and five years of post-release supervision.
Taylor was arrested Oct. 5 on charges of felony cruelty to animals/unnatural intercourse to a horse by officers with the Brookhaven Police Department. Taylor is currently in the Lincoln County jail awaiting transfer.
Strong also ordered Taylor to pay a fine in the amount of $5,000 and court costs of $419.50 as well as restitution in the amount of $585.
His tentative release date is February 2020.
Strong is expected to hear a plea Monday by Timothy R. Wilson, who was charged in October 2016 with the sale of at least 2 but less than 10 grams of methamphetamine.
Arraignments are expected to be heard in Strong’s court the week of April 11 for the following:
• Henry Cheramie, charged with first and second degree arson.
• Randy Hugh Smith, charged with abusive calls to emergency services.
• Deidra Hill, charged with exploitation of a vulnerable adult.
An omnibus hearing, a pretrial hearing to determine evidence including testimony and evidence seized at the time of arrest, is set for the week of April 11 for the following:
• Tyrone V. Jackson, charged with the sale of at least one-tenth but less than 2 grams of methamphetamine, the sale of at least one-tenth but less than 2 grams of cocaine and the sale of less than 2 grams of cocaine within 1,500 feet of a school.
• Constance Adams-Allen, charged with drug trafficking of methamphetamine (enhanced by possession of a firearm) and possession of less than 30 grams of marijuana.
• Tracy A. Billiot, manufacture of at least 30 but less than 1 kilogram of marijuana.
• Rashad J. Smith, possession of a controlled substance in a correctional facility and possessing a cell phone in a correctional facility.
• Donovan Davis, conspiracy to commit robbery, robbery and aggravated assault
• Carie Cardwell, conspiracy to commit robbery and robbery.