How to check your tax refund status online
Wondering where that tax refund is? It’s easy to check online.
For federal returns, you can go to www.irs.gov/refunds and complete the information to get an update on your refund.
The IRS recommends checking the status of a refund:
- Within 24 hours after it has received your e-filed tax return; or
- 4 weeks after mailing your paper return.
You should only call the IRS if it has been:
- 21 days or more since you filed electronically;
- More than 6 weeks since you mailed your paper return; or
- The Where’s My Refund? tool directs you to contact the IRS.
For state tax refunds, you can visit https://tap.dor.ms.gov/_/