Dumpster Days are back in the county
Dumpster Days are back, offering Lincoln County residents the opportunity to dispose of items not normally allowed in standard trash collection.
The annual event allows the disposal of larger items such as furniture, mattresses, TVs and building materials in designated areas throughout Lincoln County throughout the month of April and into May. Personal tires and white goods (refrigerators, air conditioners, stoves), and other large items can be placed on the ground near the dumpster, said Lincoln County Solid Waste and Litter Coordinator Ronnie Durr.
No commercial tire disposal or scavenging will be allowed at the dumpster sites.
The dumpsters will be set up at the following locations during coming weeks:
• A lot on Monticello Street and Nola Road through today
• A lot on Newman Road and Old Highway 51 Thursday through Easter Sunday (April 16)
• A lot on Hwy. 51 and and Bogue Chitto Road April 20-23
• Intersection of Jackson Liberty Road and West Lincoln Drive April 27-30
• Lot at James Case’s store on California Road May 4-7
Hazardous materials such as corrosives, motor oil and liquid paint are not to be disposed of at the dumpsters, said board member for Keep Lincoln County Beautiful Homer Richardson.
Those items will be collected during Hazardous Waste Day, which is tentatively set for Oct. 7, he said.