Report card day is a Brookhaven School District school holiday
Superintendent Ray Carlock had good news and bad news for students during a recent Brookhaven School Board meeting.
Report cards will be available for pickup at all schools Tuesday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
And that’s a school holiday so they’ll have the day off.
“Parents are encouraged to come pick up their child’s report cards at their respective schools,” Carlock said.
Each school will close from 2-3 p.m. for lunch.
In other business at the Sept. 26 meeting:
• Alexander Jr. High received a grant from Dollar General for $3,000.
• BHS softball received a $570 donation. BHS Cheer received a donation for $2,890.
• The board approved BHS students to conduct car washes and head light restorations throughout the school year for fundraisers.
• The board approved advertising sales, sell meat (turkeys/hams/boston butts), conduct youth baseball camp and sell apparel for the BHS baseball team.
• The board approved the 2017-2018 district test security plan.
• The board approved the 2017-2018 district wellness plan.
• The board approved the bid from Jeff Lea Logging in the amount of $49,165 for a timber regeneration cut on Section 16 Township 7N Range 8E.
• The board approved the transfer of funds from district maintenance to athletic activity in the amount of $85,900 as was included in the 2017-2018 budget which was previously approved by the board.
The next board meeting is Oct. 26 at 6 p.m. in the district office.
Supervisors Monday approved a $5 million bond for bridge repairs in Lincoln County. Supervisors and county engineer Ryan Holmes are... read more