Some area offices will close for MLK Jr. Day
In observance of Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday, the following institutions will be closed Monday:
• Brookhaven-Lincoln County Chamber of Commerce.
• The U.S. Post Service.
• The Mississippi Highway Patrol Driver’s License exam office.
• Brookhaven Academy.
• Brookhaven, Copiah County and Franklin County schools.
• Lawrence and Lincoln County schools.
• Mississippi School of the Arts and Copiah-Lincoln Community College.
• Brookhaven city offices.
• Monticello city offices.
• Bude and Meadville city offices.
• Wesson city offices.
• Franklin and Lawrence county offices.
• Lincoln and Copiah county offices.
Waste Pro will run its regular route, and there should be no disruption to the local trash collection schedule.
The office of The Daily Leader will also be open for business Monday.
The month of January has been a particularly busy one for state lawmakers. The House of Representatives has punted several... read more